Online Video Content & Strategy Training Course
Produce online video content that delivers measurable results
With the consumption in global online video views growing at 43% per year, the time for marketers and corporate communicators to capitalise on the trend is now. Trail blazing brands are seeing their online video efforts filter through to the bottom line with highly targeted, branded content. The most successful of these are often the result of well-considered and well-executed online video strategies.
This course takes you through a step-by-step approach to generating, executing and measuring effective online video strategies. And with around 40% of videos being viewed on mobile devices (and set to rise to 70% by 2018), this course will also highlight considerations for capitalising on this ever-changing space.
Running effective campaigns often requires the on-going generation of video content that can be expensive when using external suppliers. Part of this course is dedicated to simple techniques to creating effective content with readily available mobile devices.
This is a must course for anyone looking to improve their online video capabilities.
Setting The Scene
- Why choose online video?
- Case studies of successful campaigns
- The current online video landscape
Video Content Strategy
- How online video fits into the broader marketing plan
- Setting the right campaign objectives
- The importance of focusing on audience and how to do this effectively
- Targeting audience segments with video content
- Considerations for mobile and other viewing contexts
Practical Story-Telling With Video
- Creative idea generation methods
- The key technology you need (and don’t need)
- The basics of video production
- Capturing the ultimate shot
- Techniques in recording quality audio
- Simple and effective editing techniques
- Briefing and managing an external agency
How To Get Your Video Content Seen
- Paid vs earned media
- Online video media buying
- Social content marketing
- Video SEO including setting the right metadata
- When to and when not to use YouTube / Vimeo
- What makes content "go viral"?
- How do I become part of my audience’s conversations online?
Measuring And Improving Your Online Video Strategy
- A/B and multivariate testing with video
- How to interpret analytics
- How to use this information to continuously improve
- Demonstrating the value you add to the marketing mix and organisation in general
Following this training course, you will understand how to:
- Plan effective online video campaigns
- Make the right decisions about your audience and how to reach them
- Create your own online video using mobile devices
- Create genuine engagement and understand the benefits to your brand
- Interpret campaign metrics and make continuous improvements
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, digital copies of course material and four weeks post course support online.
This training course targets both those who need a primer in the world of online video and those who are already creating content, but need to bring structure to their activity to gain better results.
The online video content and strategy course is led by Simon Bates.
Simon is an expert in connecting companies with their audiences. With a career spanning film writing and directing as well as 18 years spent at the highest levels of corporate communications, he understands better than most the art and value of storytelling for business.
He has advised clients like IBM, Canon, Motorola, The Office Group and Shell and acted as the spokesperson for UK broadcast and telecoms regulators Ofcom and PhonepayPlus.
Read more about Simon Bates »
Every minute of this course was useful to me. I left the class buzzing with energy and full of ideas. I recommend this course to anybody who is thinking of starting to use video as part of their marketing strategy.
Wessex Institute of Technology
A clear, insightful and extremely practical video course. Made an immediate difference to the way we approach video.
I have no hesitation in recommending Emarketeers courses. The content is always relevant, interesting and will help you improve your business.
Manchester Metropolitan University
If you want to understand why you need online video or why you need to sell or produce it - look no further
Little Yellow Jacket