Mobile Email Design and Coding Training Course
Create mobile friendly email campaigns that deliver results
With more people accessing emails on mobile phones and tablets versus desktops, an ability to create responsive email campaigns is now critical to any email marketer's armoury.
The mobile email design and coding course will unlock the secrets behind successful mobile email campaigns. It reveals how marketers and designers can adapt their email strategies for mobile devices, thereby increasing performance.
During the day, we will work through real-life practical examples giving you experience in planning, designing, coding and testing responsive email campaigns to ensure you are getting the best out of the mobile channel.
Designing For Mobile Devices
- A view of the mobile and responsive design landscape
- Comparing email for mobiles and tablets versus desktops
- Best practices when designing for mobile devices
- Creating mobile friendly email content
- Case studies of good and bad mobile email campaigns
- Responsive email design techniques
Coding Responsive (Mobile Friendly) Emails
- Tips and tricks on coding emails for mobile devices
- Coding media queries in email
- Email reader HTML and CSS cheat sheet
- Tools and processes for testing email code
- Support for responsive design; and what to do when it isn't supported
Responsive Live Coding Session
- Techniques to prepare and slice final designs before coding
- Creating mobile friendly HTML and CSS email code
- Using HTML boilerplates and snippets to save time
Mobile Innovation In Email
- Using email and social media together
- Video in email
- Creating dynamic and live content
- Easy UX wins
Following this training course, you will understand:
- How to get your mobile email campaigns working harder for you
- The unique challenges when creating mobile versus desktop email campaigns
- How to take full advantage of the email channel's creative opportunities
- The importance of creating campaigns that engage mobile audiences
- The email reader landscape, and how to make designs work across the board
- The challenges faced by HTML developers when creating mobile emails
- How mobile email affects your audience and what to do about it
- Recent developments in responsive email marketing
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, digital copies of course material and four weeks post course support online.
The Mobile Email Design and Coding training course is aimed at digital professionals who need to plan and deliver email campaigns on mobile devices. Typical attendees are marketers, designers, brand managers or project managers - agency or client-side.
Prior knowledge of HTML and CSS for emails is useful to have, but isn't a requirement to enrol on this course.
Elliot specialises in email strategy and creative and has over 8 years agency and client-side experience.
He was formerly Senior Creative Designer at eDialog (eBay Inc), where he created best of class digital campaigns for world renowned brands like British Airways, Sony Playstation and IKEA.
He authors the very popular Email Design Review and has contributed opinion pieces at Brand Republic and Marketing Week.
Read more about Elliot Ross »
Great tutor with loads of experience and skills, plus a great building and environment. The tutor answered all of our questions, provided help in all areas with good case studies. Learnt a lot in the course. Thank you!
Very useful insights with practical demonstrations - I came away much more confidence!
I learned an awful lot in a very short space of time, and now feel confident in being able to build a responsive email myself. The lecturer was also very friendly, and helped to make the course feel relaxed and fun at the same time.
Great course for beginners, and also for anyone who has done some email coding before, and just wants some reassurance or to pick up some tips they may not know. Informative, and all my questions were answered and expanded upon.
Great content, great advice, hands on. Recommended!
One of the most informative courses I have been on. Packed full of information that is relevant to my work as an E-CRM Marketeer.
Fantastic course - I've learnt so much on top of my existing knowledge and can't wait to put it into practise!
The venue was great, the tutor was even better. Everything I had questions on were covered in just one day, and now I feel I have the knowledge and confidence to go away and practice what I've learnt.
This course was extremely helpful in setting me on the path to mobile optimized emails
Great tuition from someone in the industry with a real in depth understanding of their profession. A really informative day in a relaxed environment.