Mobile Apps for Business Training Course
Enhance your comms strategy with iPhone and Android apps
|Course date||Location||Price *|
|St Pancras, London||£495.00||Book Now|
Course length: 1 day (9.30am - 5.00pm) includes breakfast, lunch and refreshments
* All prices exclude VAT
The number of smart phone users has risen sharply to 500 million worldwide - fulled by the growth of iPhone and Andoid devices - and is expected to cross the billion mark within three years. Now businesses are waking up to the opportunities that the latest mobile applications, technology and the pace of adoption make possible.
But, in practice, do you know how to make the most of mobile apps as part of your marketing or communications strategy? How do you navigate through the smorgasbord of mobile platforms, technologies and terminology, to reach your users, cost effectively? Should you use smart phones, such as the iPhone, Android devices, BlackBerrys and Windows Phone 7 for different marketing tasks to tablets like the iPad?
And what are the best ways to convince your business' stakeholders of the value of mobile apps, evaluate success and make informed improvements?
The mobile apps course cuts through the technical mumbo-jumbo and takes a case-study based look at how to use mobile applications as part of your marketing or communications strategy - in both the B2B and B2C environments. The course also suggests practical approaches and processes for commissioning, developing and evaluating apps.
The course is lively and discursive with plenty of opportunities for questions.
Overview of the mobile app market
- Cutting through the data and jargon
- Making sense of the smart phone world and quantifying the marketing and comms opportunity
- The main players: who they are and why you need to know
- Usage trends: who uses smart devices and for what?
Mobile app strategy, integration and measurement
- The 5 key questions to define the role of mobile app
- The key Integration Touch Points that will ensure mobile apps are part of the marketing, communications or HR strategy
- Analytics: how to interpret the analytics to make them useful
Mobile app development: time, resources and costs
- Picking the right team to build and maintain your apps
- The pros and cons of in-house, agency and freelance programmers
- Time and costs - what you should plan for
Mobile app development: stakeholder management
- Identifying cross-functional stakeholders
- Common issues for influencers and blockers
- Identifying IT capabilities/system integration capabilities
- Working with legal/risk management/data management teams
- Agreeing the ROI/Cost vs Objectives with the leadership team
Mobile app development: app types, design and the user experience
- The 4 types of mobile apps: what you need to know before you start development
- QR Codes: when to use them and how to use them
- The 8 golden rules you need to design a successful mobile app
- Native apps versus web apps: choosing between the two
Mobile app development: the process
- Drawing up a timeline and process plan
- The creative brief - the key sections in a Mobile App Brief
- Testing, testing, testing – Using both user and technical testing
- Planning for approval and iterative improvement - A group discussion
Looking to the future: challenges and trends ahead
- Mobile app technology - what and where next?
- The skill set required of the 21st century marketer, communications and HR professional
Following this training course, you will understand how to:
- Plan and brief in mobile apps for your business
- Integrate mobile apps into your marketing, communications or HR campaign
- Confidently present the case for deploying mobile apps to senior management
- Identify the type and design of mobile app that meets your business objectives
- Choose the best in-house or external mobile app developers for your needs
- Brief your mobile apps requirements clearly and precisely
- Evaluate and measure performance
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, hard and soft copies of course materials and four weeks post course support online.
The Mobile Apps course is of most relevance to leaders and managers with responsibility for marketing, sales, HR, CSR, corporate strategy, corporate communication and internal communication. Most delegates tend to have at least a basic understanding of marketing, communications or employee engagement.
This is not a technology course and requires absolutely no programming knowledge.
This course will be led by Jeremy Rosenberg, who spent 9 years at KPMG heading up the marketing, brand management and internal communications team, before setting up a mobile marketing consultancy. Jeremy has a strong passion for creativity and technology and combines this with his vast knowledge of mobile apps strategy.
Read more about Jeremy Rosenberg »
The course met every objective and was a thoroughly enjoyable day. The content was excellent and extremely well presented. The presenter encouraged a lot of discussion which proved to be invaluable.
Steve O'Farrell, Business Applications Manager
Having attended the Mobile Apps Strategy course I have a much greater understanding of how to develop our apps. The presenter, course notes and discussions were informative, fun and allowed all questions to be answered and addressed.
Kirsty Eastman, Marketing Executive
Very good exploration of the issues surrounding the marketing of mobile apps with lots of case studies. Coming from a technical background I found this course especially useful.
Peter Marlow, Director