Mobile Advertising Training Course
Better understand the mobile advertising ecosystem and opportunities
Fuelled by digital heavy weights Google and Facebook, mobile advertising continues to outpace all other ad sectors. Globally, the mobile advertising market is worth $101bn, up 48% year on year. The fastest growing sector is video ads, driven by YouTube and Facebook, as well as Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat.
This course will get you up to speed with the mobile ad market, help you set objectives, select mobile ad formats, choose the best ad networks for your customers, and fine tune campaign performance. We'll also give you tips on winning mobile users' permission, navigate location marketing and ad blocking.
Setting The Scene: The Mobile Advertising Landscape
- Why mobile is the world’s most powerful advertising channel, ever
- Why mobile video is a must have for 2017
- Aligning mobile advertising to your marketing goals
- Trends, challenges and opportunities
Mobile Ad Formats
- Using mobile advertising to engage with your brand
- How to select mainstream formats - banners, expandables, interstitials, video ads, in-app push
- Overview of mobile ad formats on social media including YouTube Cards, True View Ads, LightBox Ads, Video Ads, Mastheads, Facebook, Twitter and Snapchat ads
- Creating branded and user generated content
Mobile Ad Networks: Selection, Targeting and Retargeting
- Making sense of the fast changing ad network options for branding and response campaigns
- How to select the right networks for your audience segments
- Targeting strategies based on handset, connection, daypart, location, campaign performance
- Retargeting strategies which shift behaviour across the customer journey
Proximity Marketing and Geo-location
- Building smart geo-targeting into your campaigns
- Integrating mobile with Out Of Home and Event Media
- Using effective location based technologies: Beacons, WiFi, NFC
- Creating customer insights to grow trust and deliver true value
Mobile Campaign Planning and Buying
- Setting objectives, selecting partners, managing budgets
- Demand Side Platforms, Supply Side Platforms, Real Time Bidding
- The pros and cons of Programmatic
Analytics and Campaign Optimisation
- Trading metrics, campaign tracking tools
- Integrating mobile campaign performance metrics
- Campaign optimization tactics
Permission and Adblocking
- Why mobile permission is essential
- How adblocking changes the game, and what to do about it
- Tips for staying the right side of the permission debate
Following this training course, you will be able to:
- Understand the opportunities and challenges with mobile advertising
- Match the best ad formats to your creative assets
- Select the most effective ad networks to target and retarget your customer segments
- Navigate the fast moving world of geo-marketing
- Develop a trading strategy to get the best bang for your advertising budget
- Stay the right side of the privacy and adblocking debate
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, soft copies of course materials and four weeks post course support online.
The Mobile Advertising course is ideal for anyone involved in planning, buying or selling digital advertising campaigns to drive acquisition or loyalty.
Typical attendees include digital strategists and marketers, media planners and buyers, sales teams, performance marketers, agencies and media owners.
The Mobile Advertising course will be led by Rob Thurner. Rob is an established mobile consultant, trainer, speaker and author, with over 20 years’ experience in traditional and digital marketing.
His interactive mobile training sessions are informed by hands-on experience developing mobile strategies for clients like Barclaycard, Betfair, Carphone Warehouse, Heineken, Jaguar and M&S.
A regular presenter at digital conferences across Europe and the US, Rob has written two best practice books on Mobile Marketing and Mobile Commerce.
Read more about Rob Thurner »