Lead Generation Training Course
Deliver better business-to-business lead generation results
In the business-to-business (B2B) world of the considered purchase, it takes an integrated set of messages and touch points, both online and offline to win the deal.
This one day course will furnish you with relevant and practical strategies and techniques for delivering best practice demand generation. Specifically designed for B2B businesses, we will help you convert leads into long-term customers through joined-up activity.
In this course we go beyond the old-fashioned view of the B2B marketer which typically focussed on lead generation or short-term revenue. We will demonstrate how businesses with aligned marketing and sales teams, and intelligently constructed and implemented plans, can increase long-term revenue and ROI, as well as customer lifetime value.
Introduction: The ever changing B2B Marketing landscape
- Where are we now? How did we get here? What's changing?
- Current trends, challenges, opportunities and how to adapt and adopt
- The new B2B Lead-to-Revenue Journey™ and how marketing partners with sales for success
The Importance of Thought Leadership
- The role of traditional PR and social media
- How online research helps you create content that positions you as a thought leader
- The importance of case studies and when to use them
- Why you need value-add content that hooks and reels in buyers
Generating Demand and Qualified Leads
- Integrated campaigns: balancing the mix of traditional vs digital and inbound vs outbound
- What are the top performing channels in B2B?
- Website: the importance of landing pages & content that converts
- Digital: from Websites and SEM to social and email - how to integrate them into the mix
- Events: offline and online - when to use them and for what purpose
- Calling: how to use new technology and social selling to call the customer when they are ready
Aligning Sales & Marketing with Opportunities & Revenue
- Why you need a joined up marketing and sales team - mapped to the customer journey
- How to help sales better understand digital marketing
- How to build trust between marketing and sales teams
- The role of sales enablement and training: who owns it, why is it important and the new technology platforms that manage it
- Supporting Inside Sales Development teams to qualify leads using social selling
- How to partner with Sales Account Execs to support them with social selling
- The importance of Pipeline Acceleration programmes and recycling leads and opportunities
- The new role of digital account-based marketing
From Strategy to Operations for Performance & Optimisation
- Segmentation of your customers and positioning your company in the digital age
- The dynamics of industry verticals and geographical regions
- Identifying the buying committee, personas and why you need them
- The importance of your data and your database of contacts
- What traditional and digital skills do the marketing team need and how to find & fill the gaps
- How to structure your team for global and local execution
- Automation: The new and ever changing role of CRM, SFA, MA platforms and supporting tools
Creating the Integrated Campaign Plan for Execution
- GOSPEL Planning™: Goals, Objective, Strategy, Plan, Execution & Learning
- Omni-channel campaign planning, setting objectives, targets and budgets, KPIs
- Think global but act local - the differences in traditional and digital marketing
What's New? What's Next?
- A look ahead to the (near) future of B2B marketing
Following this training course, you will better understand:
- B2B v B2C - why is it different and why does it matter?
- What is the new omni-channel customer journey and extended customer lifecycle?
- Why customers are spending more time as a digital buyer and less time speaking with sales
- The importance of measuring customer experience to achieve revenue targets
- How to best integrate traditional and digital marketing strategies to create omni-channel campaigns
- Why marketing and sales need to be aligned, and the steps of how to do it
- How to achieve marketing accountability & ROI through Revenue Marketing and Marketing Performance Measurement & Management (MPM)
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, digital copies of course material and four weeks post course support online.
This course typically attracts attendees looking to develop their understanding of the dynamic and changing world of B2B marketing and sales - from a marketing point of view. It applies to anyone wanting to learn how to create leads that convert to revenue and long-term customer value.
It also attracts B2B digital marketers wanting to understand how to better create integrated campaigns.
This lead generation course is led by Adrian O'Gara.
With 18 years in B2B marketing and sales for software, SaaS and services, Adrian has worked for niche start-ups and global industry leaders. Adrian uses his experience in demand generation strategy to help clients increase revenue and ROI.
Read more about Adrian O'Gara »
This course offered much more than anticipated; extremely insightful, constructive and thought provoking.
A great overview of how lead generation is moving into a new era, and what we need to do to get on board.
New Technology CADCAM