IoT Strategy Training Course
Learn about the Internet of Things and the connected technology revolution
|Please note: This course is currently only available in-house|
The Internet of Things (IoT) is a term that is being widely used to describe the impact of low cost computing to create a connected world. The rapid growth of wearables, connected home appliances, medical monitoring and sports tracking, to name but a few, are testament to the positive impact IoT is making within every day lives.
This course considers how emerging technologies will impact on brand engagement, marketing and product development. It also gives marketers the tools and techniques to understand, plan and deliver strategies to optimise for this new landscape.
The course takes a practical hands-on approach, looking at specific IoT technologies and brand examples, to help you plan and create strategies and tactics for your own organisation.
Understanding the Internet of Things (IoT)
- What is the IoT? Understanding connected users, devices and objects
- Drivers for the IoT: computing power, sensors, screens, rapid prototyping and funding models
- New devices: wearables, vehicles, homes, drones and robots
- New interfaces: augmented reality, virtual reality, telepresence and haptic interfaces
The Internet of Things Landscape
- Laws of disruption – the divergence between technology, consumers, business and government
- The Hype Cycle: projections of growth, user adoption and uptake
- Understanding "The Long Nose of Innovation"
- Personal Technology Ecosystems and targeting demographics
Considerations for your IoT Marketing Strategy
- Connecting channels and devices
- Opportunities in the current landscape
- Twitter, IFTTT and IoT Operating Systems
Understanding the IoT Service Layer
- Smartphone app strategies for the IoT
- App development for devices – from smart watches to glasses
- Service design for the IoT
How the IoT Helps Problem Solving
- Identifying the real vs ‘phantom’ problems
- Innovation approaches to the IoT
- Big data and open APIs
Developing your IoT Application
- Rapid prototyping (from the Raspberry Pi to 3D printing)
- Funding models and the collaborative economy
- Proof of concept, testing and development
- Delivering a future roadmap
Following this training course, you will understand:
- The connected technology and Internet of Things landscape
- The advantages of early adoption of IoT technologies
- New devices and interfaces that are driving IoT growth
- Implications for your business or organisation
- Real examples of IoT use cases amongst brands
- IoT technology and development opportunities
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, digital copies of course material and four weeks post course support online.
The Internet of Things course is aimed at anyone looking to understand the impact of this new technology on organisations, either from a brand, product or service perspective.
The Internet of Things course is led by Mark Brill.
Mark Brill is a digital strategist and innovation consultant, who has been working in digital media, marketing and advertising for over 20 years.
Mark is a senior lecturer on the Future Media Masters course at Birmingham City University, He is also Chair of the DMA Mobile and Connected Marketing Council and speaks regularly at conferences.
Read more about Mark Brill »