Google Analytics Training Course
A masterclass in Google Analytics configuration and insights
|Course date||Location||Price *|
|St Pancras, London||
Course length: 1 day (9.30am - 5.30pm) includes breakfast, lunch and refreshments
* All prices exclude VAT
With almost 80% of organisations using it, Google Analytics has become THE preferred solution for measuring the impact of online marketing. Yet, for the most part, Google Analytics is not used to its full potential. Often, this is due to a lack of knowledge or the ability to fully exploit Google Analytics’ features.
This training course seeks to close this knowledge and skills gap, and to increase confidence in how to configure and use the latest version of Google Analytics for reporting on your online marketing and website performance.
The day-long session is very discursive and packed with helpful exercises. There will also be lots of opportunity to discuss how Google Analytics relates to your specific organisational needs.
This course compliments our Web Analytics & Optimisation training course.
- The history and evolution of Google Analytics
- Overview of the most important Google Analytics cookies
- Google Analytics terminology and definitions
Optimising Your Google Analytics Account and Profiles
- Configuring your Google Analytics account and tracking code
- Setting up profile filtering
- Defining goals to track your conversions
- Overview of administrator options incl. user administration
Understanding Your Visitors
- Overview of key visitor reports incl. visitor demographics, visitor behavior and mobile traffic reports
- Visualising the visitor journey using Visitor Flow charts
Understanding Your Traffic Sources
- Overview of key traffic sources reports
- Measuring your online marketing campaigns using campaign tracking parameters
- Comparing natural and paid search
- Analyzing your Adwords performance
- Connecting your Google Webmaster account to Google Analytics
Social Media Reporting
- Social media traffic and conversions reporting
- Tracking the use of social media share buttons on your website
- Monitoring social media conversations with Google Analytics
Understanding Your Content Performance
- Overview of page performance reports
- Improving your website download time using Site Speed reports
- Measuring your onsite search engine activity
- Tracking on page events (video starts, button clicks, link clicks, downloads etc.) using event tracking
- Tracking YouTube and Vimeo video activity
- Carrying out A/B tests using Content Experiments
- Using In-Page Analytics to visualize where visitors click on your pages
Measuring Online Success
- Setting up goals and using conversion funnel visualization to uncover where visitors leave your critical processes
- Enabling e-commerce reporting and overview of e-commerce reports
- Multi-channel funnels: allocating conversions when multiple channels are involved
In-depth Analysis Using Segmentation
- Advanced segmentation: what is it and how to use it?
Creating Your KPI Dashboard
- Learn how to build your own Google Analytics KPI dashboard using dashboard widgets
- Dashboard automation
Google Analytics Export and Email Functionalities
Following this training course, you will be able to:
- Use the new version of the Google Analytics interface
- Configure your Google Analytics account correctly
- Understand the real meaning of Google Analytics terminology
- Interpret Google Analytics reports and data
- Understand the attrition points in customer journeys
- Set up and measure your website conversion rates
- Measure and monetise channel performance
- Better understand social engagement metrics
- Create campaign tracking URLs
- Understand how people are using or searching within your website
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, hard and soft copies of course materials and four weeks post course support online.
If you know there's more to Google Analytics than the reports you occasionally look at, but you don't quite know where to start, then this course is for you. Attendees on this course will typically have limited web analytics experience and need to advance their Google Analytics skills.
This course is designed for marketing and communications professionals and website staff who need to understand their visitors, web content performance, traffic sources and campaign ROI.
Delegates are asked to bring a WiFi enabled laptop in order to carry out exercises.
The Google Analytics training course in London and Brussels is led by industry veteran, Remco Van Der Beek.
Remco has over 15 years experience in digital marketing and web analytics. He was a senior consultant at Nedstat (now comScore), Europe's leading web analytics vendor, and worked with many large organisations as an external or internal consultant, such as France Telecom. Since 2007 Remco has run his own independent web analytics consultancy from Brussels.
Read more about Remco Van Der Beek »
Amazing insight into the world of Google Analytics, which will help me to compile my digital strategy.
Natasha Denness, Alumni Relations Manager
St Peter's College, Oxford
The Google Analytics course was excellent. It will really help me ensure we make the most of our website!
Rebecca Collins, PR Officer
The Consumer Council for Water
This course was great and really useful.
Sophie Kimber, Research and Support Officer
Greater London Authority
This is a practical, enjoyable course that gave me a comprehensive overview of the capabilities of Google Analytics
Helen Lippell, Data Manager
I was completely new to Analytics and now feel I am a confident user. The course was delivered very well and I would recommend it to anyone.
Adele Brown, Marketing Assistant
This was the best of the courses I've attended with Emarketeers - I strongly recommend it!
Beth Hayes, Online Experience Executive
The whole day was fantastic - I learned so much about Google Analytics and its capabilities and returned to work keen to put my new knowledge into practice.
Carolyn Robertson, Digital Producer
I went in thinking that I knew quite a lot about Google Analytics, and left with an understanding of how much more there was to learn...
Dave Wood, Digital Marketing Executive
Emarketeers have once again provided a practical course that contains information that can be used the minute you walk back into your office the following day!
Great insight and training in Google Analytics!
Ria Moore, Customer Support Agent
Great course presented by a great teacher. Took home a lot of exciting information that I can now apply to my business.
Prakash Ramachandran, Marketing Manager
Really enjoyed the Google Analytics course. Very clear and well put together in a relaxing atmosphere. The simple exercises were a great way to help you clearly understand what was covered.
Russell Grief, Web Designer
Cambridge Regional College