Google Analytics Training Course
Gain actionable insights from Google Analytics
|Course date||Location||Price *|
||£395.00 (20% off)||Book Now|
||£395.00 (20% off)||Book Now|
||£395.00 (20% off)||Book Now|
Course length: 1 day (9.30am - 5.30pm) includes breakfast, lunch and refreshments
* All prices exclude VAT
With almost 80% of organisations using it, Google Analytics has become the preferred solution for measuring the impact of online marketing. Yet, for the most part, Google Analytics is not used to its full potential. Often, this is due to a lack of knowledge or the ability to fully exploit its features. Not to mention the dramatically changing Google Analytics user interface and the introduction of Universal Analytics.
This training course seeks to close this knowledge and skills gap, and to increase confidence in how to configure and use Google Analytics for reporting on your online marketing and website performance.
The day-long session is very discursive and packed with helpful exercises. There will also be lots of opportunity to discuss how Google Analytics relates to your specific organisational needs.
You will leave with Google Analytics skills and knowledge that are immediately actionable.
- The RACE model holistic approach to web analytics
- Differences between the “old” Google Analytics & Universal Analytics tracking code and cookies
- Google Analytics terminology and definitions
- Navigating Google Analytics
Essential Google Analytics Features
- Setting up user management
- How to set up filters
- Integrating Google AdWords with GA
- Improving organic search insights using Google Webmaster Tools
- Tracking on site search terms
- Defining and setting up remarketing campaigns
- Tracking e-commerce activity
- Setting up goals and funnels to track your conversions
Understanding Your Visitors & Behaviour
- Overview of key visitor reports incl. visitor demographics, visitor behavior and mobile traffic reports
- Visualising the visitor journey with User Flow charts
- Understanding your Traffic Sources
- Traffic channel performance reporting
- Measuring your online marketing campaigns using campaign tracking parameters
- Comparing organic and paid search
- Analyzing your AdWords performance
- Social media traffic and conversions reporting
- Tracking the use of social media share buttons on your website
Understanding Your Content Performance
- Overview of page performance reports
- Improving your website download time using Site Speed reports
- Analysing onsite search engine activity
- Tracking on page events (button clicks, link clicks, downloads etc.) using event tracking
- Tracking embedded video activity (YouTube, Vimeo, Brightcove) within Google Analytics
- Carrying out A/B tests using Content Experiments
- Using In-Page Analytics to visualize where visitors click on your pages
Measuring Online Success
- Analysing goal performance
- Using conversion funnel visualisation to uncover where visitors leave your critical processes
- Overview of e-commerce reports
Creating Your KPI Dashboard
- Build your own Google Analytics KPI dashboard using dashboard widgets
- Dashboard automation
- Export and Email Functionalities
- Google Analytics certification
- Useful online GA resources
- GA literature
Following this training course, you will be able to:
- Configure your Google Analytics account correctly
- Configure the old Google Analytics and the new Universal Analytics tracking code
- Understand the real meaning of Google Analytics terminology
- Interpret Google Analytics reports and data
- Understand the attrition points in customer journeys
- Set up and measure your website conversion rates
- Measure and monetise channel performance
- Better understand social engagement metrics
- Create campaign tracking URLs
- Understand how people are using your website
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, digital copies of course material and post course support online.
If you know there's more to Google Analytics than the reports you occasionally look at, but you don't quite know where to start, then this course is for you.
Attendees on this course will typically have limited web analytics experience and need to advance their Google Analytics skills.
This course is designed for marketing and communications professionals and website staff who need to understand their visitors, web content performance, traffic sources and campaign ROI. It will also help attendees with their Google Analytics certification and qualification.
The course is equally intended to bring somewhat experienced Google Analytics users up to speed with the new features and user interface.
Delegates are asked to bring a WiFi enabled laptop in order to carry out exercises.
The Google Analytics training course is led by industry veteran, Remco Van Der Beek.
Remco has over 15 years experience in digital marketing and web analytics. He was a senior consultant at Nedstat (now comScore), Europe's leading web analytics vendor, and worked with many large organisations as an external or internal consultant, such as France Telecom. Since 2007 Remco has run his own independent web analytics consultancy from Brussels.
Read more about Remco Van Der Beek »
I was stumbling around a little with the stats I needed in Google Analytics. This course has provided me with an all-round understanding and has given me some great pointers. Now the hard part - implementing it!
Really informative and engaging course. The trainer clearly had a rich background of experience in the area and was able to help out with any queries.
A very thorough course that covered all the essentials of Google Analytics. I will be able to put all learnings into practice which will help me develop and present reports in order to understand the customer journeys when using our website.
A great course. A really comprehensive course, I learnt a lot and came away with lots of great tips that we can implement.
A well organised, superbly run training course. It met the individual needs of our business and provided a wealth of information. We look forward to putting into practice the lessons that we've learnt!
Cambridge International Examinations
An excellent, well-organized presentation, offering insight into the use of invaluable tools and analysis methods.
Law Business Research
Remco was an excellent presenter and really helped to bring the tool to life with exercises that were well-structured and engaging. I would highly recommend this course if you'd like to understand how to apply Google Analytics in your business.
Fantastic, concise course that's perfect for people with little Google Analytics knowledge that are keen to learn more.
TUI UK & Ireland
The course was brilliant. The instructor made Google Analytics easy to understand as he was asking us to implement the different tools live on our own account. I feel like I understand Google Analytics inside out now.
The IT Job Board