Google Analytics Training Course
Gain actionable insights from Google Analytics
|Course date||Location||Price *|
||£395.00 (20% off)||Book Now|
||£395.00 (20% off)||Book Now|
Course length: 1 day (9.30am - 5.30pm) includes breakfast, lunch and refreshments
* All prices exclude VAT
With almost 80% of organisations using it, Google Analytics has become the preferred solution for measuring the impact of online marketing. Yet, for the most part, Google Analytics is not used to its full potential. Often, this is due to a lack of knowledge or the ability to fully exploit its features. Not to mention the dramatically changing Google Analytics user interface and the introduction of Universal Analytics.
This training course seeks to close this knowledge and skills gap, and to increase confidence in how to configure and use Google Analytics for reporting on your online marketing and website performance.
The day-long session is very discursive and packed with helpful exercises. There will also be lots of opportunity to discuss how Google Analytics relates to your specific organisational needs.
You will leave with Google Analytics skills and knowledge that are immediately actionable.
- How does Google Analytics track user behaviour?
- What data is collected?
- Understanding the limitations of tracking with browser cookies
- Understanding Google Analytics terminology such as user, session, hit, bounce rate
- Understanding channel tracking
- Setting up campaign tracking
Essential Google Analytics Features
- Setting up user management
- How to set up filters
- Integrating Google AdWords with GA
- Improving organic search insights using Google Search Console
- Tracking on site search terms
- Defining remarketing campaigns
- Tracking e-commerce activity
- Setting up goals and funnels to track your conversions
Navigating and drilling into Google Analytics reports
- Defining reporting periods
- Report visualisation options
- Overview of report table options
- Using primary and secondary dimensions to obtain granular insights
- Working with segments and advanced filters
Understanding Your Visitors & Behaviour
- Overview of key visitor reports incl. visitor demographics, visitor behavior and mobile traffic reports
- Visualising the visitor journey with User Flow charts
Understanding Your Traffic Channels
- 360° traffic channel performance reporting
- Organic and paid search (AdWords) performance insights
- Social media performance insights
- Campaign performance insights
Understanding Your Content Performance
- Overview of page performance reports
- Improving your website download time using Site Speed reports
- Analysing onsite search engine activity
- Tracking on page events (button clicks, link clicks, downloads etc.) using event tracking
- Tracking embedded video activity (YouTube, Vimeo, Brightcove) within Google Analytics
Measuring Online Success
- Analysing goal performance
- Using conversion funnel visualisation to uncover where visitors leave your critical processes
- Overview of e-commerce reports
Customising Your Reporting
- Building your own custom reports
- Build your own Google Analytics KPI dashboard
- Dashboard automation
- Export and email functionalities
- Google Analytics certification
- Useful online GA resources
- GA literature
Following this training course, you will be able to:
- Configure your Google Analytics account correctly
- Configure the old Google Analytics and the new Universal Analytics tracking code
- Understand the real meaning of Google Analytics terminology
- Interpret Google Analytics reports and data
- Understand the attrition points in customer journeys
- Set up and measure your website conversion rates
- Measure and monetise channel performance
- Better understand social engagement metrics
- Create campaign tracking URLs
- Understand how people are using your website
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, digital copies of course material and post course support online.
If you know there's more to Google Analytics than the reports you occasionally look at, but you don't quite know where to start, then this course is for you.
Attendees on this course will typically have limited web analytics experience and need to advance their Google Analytics skills.
This course is designed for marketing and communications professionals and website staff who need to understand their visitors, web content performance, traffic sources and campaign ROI. It will also help attendees with their Google Analytics certification and qualification.
The course is equally intended to bring somewhat experienced Google Analytics users up to speed with the new features and user interface.
Delegates are asked to bring a WiFi enabled laptop in order to carry out exercises.
The Google Analytics training course is led by industry veteran, Remco Van Der Beek.
Remco has over 15 years experience in digital marketing and web analytics. He has been a trainer with Emarketeers since 2012, and during that time has trained over 1,000 digital marketers in Google Analytics.
He was a senior consultant at Nedstat/comScore (now Adobe), and his track record features clients such as Orange, Bridgestone Europe, Cargill, Cathay Pacific, Westminster Abbey, LBi, Media Bounty and many others.
Read more about Remco Van Der Beek »
Having only looked at Google Analytics before I was always scared to go deeper. This course guided me into GA and now means I will happily venture further.
The course was engaging, interactive and well delivered. The trainer was extremely knowledgeable about the subject and provided some great ideas I can start to implement in my work.
I thoroughly enjoyed the Google Analytics course. The instructor was very knowledgeable and took an interactive approach to teaching. I would highly recommend!
McCarthy and Stone
Great course to start using GA...exactly what I was looking for. I would definitely do the advanced course.
The Exchange Lab
The key essentials of Google Analytics were explained clearly, and the practical exercises helped to make sure I could directly apply the skills I'd learned to my role as digital marketing officer.
Blackpool and The Fylde College
Even though I've been using Google Analytics for the last few years, this course helped me to figure out where I've been going wrong, how I can be more efficient, and where I can look for information that I didn't even know was available. Overall an excellent course! I highly recommend it!
Medicines for Malaria Venture (MMV)
The Google Analytics course really helped me attain a much better understanding of what the platform can do, and how I can find what I am looking for, to analyse the performance of my website and online marketing campaigns.
I was stumbling around a little with the stats I needed in Google Analytics. This course has provided me with an all-round understanding and has given me some great pointers. Now the hard part - implementing it!
Really informative and engaging course. The trainer clearly had a rich background of experience in the area and was able to help out with any queries.