Facebook For Brands Training Course
Harness the full marketing potential of Facebook
|Course date||Location||Price *|
|St Pancras, London||
Course length: 1 day (9.30am - 5.00pm) includes breakfast, lunch and refreshments
* All prices exclude VAT
With over a billion users worldwide and more than 30 million users in the UK, chances are you are familiar with Facebook but are probably not using its full potential in your organisation or business.
The Emarketeers Facebook For Brands course takes a hands-on, practical approach, leading you through the stages in developing and implementing a Facebook campaign, be it Facebook Pages, ads, or apps. The course also explains the strategic decisions you will need to take in order harness the full capability of the world's largest social network.
This one day course will use a combination of practical exercises, presentations and case studies, so that by the end of the day you will be equipped with the skills and knowledge you need to excel at Facebook marketing.
Setting the Scene
- Getting up to speed: a look at the latest changes and what they mean for brands
- How are individuals using Facebook, what are the latest trends?
- Key challenges brands are facing when using Facebook
- The UK laws that have an impact on Facebook
- Essential steps to creating engaging Facebook Pages
- What makes a successful Facebook Page? Examining examples and case studies
- Optimising use of your Page timeline
- Optimising your Page content strategy
- Understand Insights and why only a small percentage see your posts
- Running and managing competitions
- Who will manage the page? In-house or agency?
- What are they and why must we have them?
- What is the Facebook API and what does that mean?
- App case studies and examples
- How to build an app step-by-step (with time to create some during the workshop)
- Sourcing apps: from free to paid-for and specially commissioned
Running Ad Campaigns
- What advertising options are available
- Creating Facebook ads, step-by-step
- Planning your campaigns; from Broad Targeting to Precise Interests
- Understanding campaign objectives
- Case studies of good and bad campaigns
- Analysing the results and using insights
- A/B Testing and optimisation
- Best practices when managing your community
- Tips and tricks to make page moderation easy
- Handling negative comments to minimise brand damage
- How do we join it all together with other social media channels?
- What management tools can we use to maintain our Facebook page?
Measurement and Monitoring
- What can be measured and monitored?
- Learn how to measure Return on Investment (ROI)
- Measurement tools – free versus paid for tools
- Measuring success beyond ‘Likes’ - from web analytics to KPIs: thinking strategically about measuring success
- Industry benchmarks
Following this training course, you will be able to:
- Understand how to strategically plan your Facebook campaign(s)
- Understand the latest technical advances Facebook has to offer
- Consider your Facebook Apps campaign and brief an agency/developer
- Create, develop and manage successful Facebook Pages
- Understand your Facebook Advertising options and challenges
- Monitor and measure your Facebook campaign performance
- Understand the privacy and legal issues around Facebook and your data
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, digital copies of course material and four weeks post course support online.
The Facebook For Brands training course is aimed at marketers, social media professionals, digital strategists and business owners who already have a Facebook business page. The course assumes some experience of Facebook for business use.
Delegates are asked to bring a WiFi enabled laptop for exercises.
Annmarie Hanlon is a digital, content and strategic marketing specialist and trainer with over 20 years experience, focusing in particular on digital marketing and social media.
She is a keynote speaker on Digital Marketing for the Institute of Directors, a Digital Marketing tutor for Oxford College of Marketing and guest lecturer for University of Derby.
Read more about Annmarie Hanlon »
I thoroughly enjoyed the course. It has given me a greater understanding of the possibilities of Facebook as not just another social media channel, but a great marketing opportunity for organisations to use. The style and pace of the course was just right for the day, very good.
Lee Handy, Website Manager
The course has given me many new ideas as to how we can use the platform to engage our customers and how we can develop our existing plans.
Andy Gardner, CRM & Database Manager
The Original Bowling Company