Email Marketing Training Course
Improve your inbox deliverability, engagement and ROI
Email Marketing is still one of the most cost effective and powerful forms of digital marketing and often forms the basis of online marketing strategies, as it is inexpensive, reliable and the return on investment (ROI) can be very high.
But it's getting harder and harder to capture the attention of subscribers and to engage them effectively without damaging your brand.
So, how do you stay ahead of the pack and improve your Email Marketing results? Our new, fully-revised Email Marketing training course, has been designed to help you make substantial improvements to your email marketing campaigns. You will learn all the crucial aspects of email marketing, from forming strategies, setting targets and objectives through to designing engaging content and improving deliverability.
This one-day in-depth course will give you that 'Big Picture Overview' and a list of tips and ideas that you can use immediately.
- Email Marketing - the pros and cons
- The Top 10 things you can do with email
- Permission and E-permission marketing
- Defining your goals
- E-marketing strategies
- Choosing your metrics
- Setting your budgets
- Case studies
Email marketing essentials
- Conducting a competitive analysis
- Matching yourself against industry benchmarks
- Legal essentials and regulations when broadcasting
- Choosing between Email Service Providers (ESPs)
- Planning and delivering email campaigns
Emailing for customer acquisition and retention
- Customer acquisition methods - on and offline
- Encouraging web visitors to subscribe
- Crafting effective registration processes
- Developing a touch strategy
- Customer retention strategies
- Choosing frequency schedules
Creating effective email campaigns
- Building trust with subscribers
- Developing engaging content
- Improving the value offering of your emails
- Planning for Viral and Social Media Marketing
HTML email design and technology
- Laying the foundations
- Branding your design
- Working with email templates
- Choosing colours and fonts
- Thinking about navigation
- Designing for the preview pane
- Designing for 'Above the Fold'
Writing for email
- Developing tone of voice guidelines
- Improving scannability
- Writing on the Inverted Pyramid
- Using links intelligently
- Short vs long copy
- Thinking about subject lines and from fields
Email development factors
- HTML vs text emails
- Sending Multi-part MIME and other formats
- HTML and CSS guidelines for different email readers
- Email reader compatibility and testing
- Improving inbox deliverability
- Avoid looking like a spammer
- Improving list quality
- Removing non-responsive emails
- How to minimise unsubscribes and complaints
Campaign measurement and making on-going improvements
- Understanding conversion and performance metrics
- Tracking landing pages
- Reducing abandonment and bounce rates
- Structured approaches to testing
- A/B and Multivariate testing
- Analysing test results
- Case studies
You, the law and email
- Understand the basics
- What you can and cannot do
- Where to go for more advice
The future of email marketing
- Social Media - the death of email?
- How email may change in the future
- New innovations, technology and uses
Following this training course, you will understand how to:
- Effectively plan your email marketing campaigns
- Stay within the law when broadcasting emails
- Create a strategy to build segmented target lists
- Improve your inbox deliverability
- Interpret campaign metrics and make continuous improvements
- Create and test landing pages according to best practice guidelines
- Create email campaigns adopting best practice design and development guidelines
- Test your email HTML across different email readers
- Plan for future developments and innovations in email marketing
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, a digital copy of course materials and four weeks post course support online.
This course is a non-technical email marketing aimed at delegates who have had some experience of email marketing but need to enhance their knowledge of email marketing strategy and the practicals of running an email marketing campaign. The course typically attracts marketing professionals, digital designers or project managers - agency or client-side.
The email marketing course in London and Manchester is led by Andrew Lloyd Gordon. Andrew is a true veteran in digital marketing, having worked in the industry for over 13 years. He is a highly experienced presenter, mentor, coach and trainer, advising many commercial and not-for-profit organisations on topics including email marketing, conversion rate optimisation and social media strategies.
Read more about Andrew Lloyd Gordon »
A fantastic course, great tips, great advice and presented brilliantly!
A comprehensive and fascinating insight into the world of email marketing. I was so inspired, I immediately set to work rewriting our strategy on the train home!
An excellent day filled with helpful and practical advice about how to transform our e-marketing processes.
The Good Book Company
A thoroughly good day well spent. Andrew was a great trainer, very knowledgeable and engaging and I really felt I learnt a great deal! Thank you.
Robinson College Cambridge
An excellent and informative course on email marketing which I would highly recommend!
I found the course both interesting and informative, and took away plenty to think about on how we can use email to improve our marketing campaigns.
Great trainer, airy space brilliant for thinking. A really useful day and one of the best courses I've been on in terms of practical examples to take away. The venue was amazing and it was also a great chance to network with like-minded people on the course in similar positions and share tips/experience on what works and what doesn't!
This is the first Emarkeeters course I have attended but it won't be the last. I had already identified a number of ways to take my organisation forward before lunchtime and by the end of the day I felt confident I had the skills to do this.
Hertfordshire County Council
A very useful overview of the best practices and techniques of email marketing. I'm a beginner but the language was clear and jargon free and I'm now more confident and clear about what needs to be done.
I would definitely recommend this course - the trainer was engaging, the content relevant and I took lots of information and ideas back to the workplace.