Digital Content Strategy Training Course
Successfully plan, create and deliver your online content
|Course date||Location||Price *|
Course length: 1 day (9.30am - 5.00pm) includes breakfast, lunch and refreshments
* All prices exclude VAT
Digital content strategy addresses the increasingly complex demands that organisations place on the creation, delivery, management and measurement of content across web and social media platforms.
With content and its marketing sitting at the heart of customer acquisition and retention, its importance cannot be underestimated.
Digital content strategy skills, tools and processes blend established disciplines – such as communications and editorial planning, marketing and content - with newer disciplines including: digital workflow management and authoring, behavioural insight and analytics. It also encompasses organisational management and strategic planning.
This training course will help organisations understand how digital content strategy works, its positive impact and how and why it needs to be deployed across any business.
Introducing Content Strategy
- Why content strategy is an essential business skill
- Building content strategy into your existing disciplines and workload
- The changing nature of content - not just what, but where and how
- How mobiles and tablets have transformed audiences and the content they want (need)
- Responsive content and the responsive organisation
Evolving Your Content Strategy
- What type of content organisation are you?
- Who in the organisation is (should be) responsible for content
- Getting buy in - from C-suite to subject-matter experts
- Audience and content behaviours on different devices
- Adapting existing skills to the needs of a mobile marketplace
- Future-proofing - how do you keep up with the ever faster pace of change?
When Content Goes Bad
- Business risks and missed opportunities
- When and how organisations get it wrong
What Great Content Planning Looks Like
- Case studies and best practices
- Breaking down the components of content strategy: planning, creating and maintaining
- Templates for preparing supporting strategy documentation - for use, not the bookshelf
- Evaluating what you already have and what you need - the content itself, and the skills and resources you need to deploy it effectively
- Qualitative and quantitative auditing
- Sector and competitor analysis
- Audience definition, needs and expectations
- Measurement and metrics: understanding business goals and interpreting the data for your organisation
- Content marketing as an effective component within content strategy
The Content: How It Works and Moves
- Understanding the device revolution - touch, size and context
- Planning for the content revolution - moving beyond words and pictures
- Planning for the changing nature of social and search
- Measuring effectiveness: the right success and performance measures (and a word or two about the wrong ones)
Following this course, you will understand:
- How to prioritise and plan content so projects start, progress and conclude more effectively
- How content strategy deploys alongside existing disciplines
- The integration of content marketing and content strategy
- The business benefits and the business risks of content without strategy
- The skills and resources required to deliver and manage a content strategy
- What a good content strategy structure looks like
- The key content strategy tools and processes
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, digital copies of course material and four weeks post course support online.
This training course will suit anyone with direct or evolving responsibility for producing, managing or overseeing content, with particular emphasis on online projects. It is relevant to client or agency teams and includes: marketers, copywriters, web managers, publishers, customer service managers, editors, PR and media professionals.
The Digital Content Strategy training course will be led by Anne Caborn.
Originally a journalist, Anne worked for a range of national titles before becoming content lead for several websites, including viewer communities created by Granada Television.
Aside from being an exceptionally engaging trainer and presenter, Anne is a content strategist and digital communications consultant, working for a wide range of clients.
Read more about Anne Caborn »
The course was thorough, accessible, and applicable. There was a great balance between listeningm talking and contributing. Plus the venue was fantastic.
Michael Frearson, Editor/Copywriter
An interesting course that encapsulates the essence of content strategy!
Nicki Peters, Web Editorial Coordinator
European Society for Medical Oncology
This is a great course for anyone looking to make sense of their content and planning for the future of their online business.
Ian Stewart, Intranet Development Manager
Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)
This course is a very useful overview to planning and implementing content strategy in the real world.
Stephen Little, Head of Digital Services
Institute and Faculty of Actuaries
An excellent course with a knowledgeable and friendly tutor.
Paul Curry, Assistant Information Officer
Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)
A comprehensive and thoroughly enjoyable workshop on Web Content Strategy - highly recommended.
Beverley Brown, Global Web Content & SEO Manager
Excellent course, covered all the aspects I was interested in and left me raring to go!
Charlotte Peters, Copywriter
The course delivered a great overview of web content strategy, with a nice mix of discussion, role play and team exercises; highly recommended!
Adam Zaschke, eCommerce Associate
The Content Strategy Course was a really helpful insight from an expert in the field into a fast developing dicsipline both on- and offline. I found the course clear and interesting and came away with definite actions to take forward in the workplace.
Rebecca Cryan, Online Community Officer
Macmillan Cancer Support
The course exceeded my expectations. The presenters were excellent, fun and had a perfect balance of professionalism, humour, energy and experience. Can't wait to do another course with Emarketeers!
Tamara Adame, Marketing Programme Coordinator
The Web Content Strategy course gave me a useful framework for my future projects for copywriting and content revision. The course was fun, informative and most importantly it gives you tools for real-life situations.
Colleen Monney, Online Copywriting Specialist
Laureate International Universities
This course has given me some good ideas on how to revitalise our (lack of) content strategy.
Alison Cecil-Smith, eComms Manager
Legal Services Commission