Digital Accelerator Training Course
Accelerate your online marketing learning and skills
|Course date||Location||Price *|
Course length: 3 days (9.15am - 5.00pm) includes breakfast, lunch and refreshments
* All prices exclude VAT
With all the rapid advancements in the world of digital marketing, it is increasingly important to gain a foothold in the key online marketing disciplines.
Led by a highly experienced team of Internet and digital marketers, this three day intensive training course will provide attendees with essential understanding of the digital channels available and show how they can work together to create powerful digital marketing strategies.
The course topics will be seamlessly integrated, to best illustrate the variety of acquisition, retention, and branding channels and mechanics available, together with measurement and analytics tools.
All three days will feature a variety of interactive exercises and plenty of time for individual Q&A.
This is a must course for any budding digital marketers. Places are limited so book early!
Day 1: Creating a Digital Strategy and Social Media Marketing
- The digital channels: their form and function
- Integrating digital with your offline marketing
- How consumer behaviour impacts upon the development of your digital strategy
- A template for developing your digital strategy
Social Media Strategy
- The core principles behind social media marketing
- Audience demographics and types of social media
- Tips and tools for monitoring your brand's presence
- First steps in creating a social media strategy
- Setting objectives and measuring success
Social Media Implementation
- How Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+ and YouTube fit into the bigger picture
- A look at each channel and how each can benefit your business
- Advertising across social media channels
- Getting to grips with Twitter principles and language
- Monitoring buzz and conversations
- How Twitter fits into your corporate strategy
Day 2: Mobile Apps, Email Marketing and Web Analytics and Metrics
- The mobile app market: current and future
- How mobile apps can increase the effectiveness of my marketing campaign
- The common pitfalls in developing apps and how to avoid them
- The 8 golden rules behind a successful mobile app
- Making it happen - how to plan, brief and measure for mobile apps
- Essential email marketing strategies
- Challenges and issues faced by email marketers
- Managing email design and development
- Optimising and measuring email performance
Web Analytics and Metrics
- Understanding the web analytics process and the key web analytics concepts
- Google Analytics vs. paid web analytics solutions
- The Internet Scorecard methodology for creating your own KPI dashboard
- Using campaign tracking and segmentation to measure and optimise campaign and channel performance
- Using web analytics to optimise your website conversions
Day 3: Search Engine Marketing: SEO and Pay-Per-Click
Search Engine Optimisation
- Planning and measuring SEO campaign performance
- 10 essential SEO tools for digital marketers
- Keyword research and competitor analysis
- Optimising your on-page content
- Link building and Social Media
- An overview of the very latest Google AdWords options
- Facebook and LinkedIn advertising - the final frontier?
- Optimising your AdWords campaigns to improve performance
- Techniques to measure and improve your PPC campaign ROI
Following this training course, you will be able to:
- Identify the digital marketing channels available - what they do, and how they work together
- Identify the principles behind a digital marketing strategy
- Differentiate between SEO and paid search and their issues and challenges
- Identify the core search ranking factors
- Understand how Social Media and SEO work together
- Assess the scope of paid search marketing options available
- Grasp the essentials that underpin a Social Media strategy
- Create a dialogue through Social Media channels
- Differentiate between the variety of Social Media channels available
- Monitor conversations and understand your brand impact with social media tools
- Identify core web analytics principles and the various web analytics tools
- Understand how web analytics can be used to improve campaign performance and conversions
- Use email marketing correctly - the pros and the cons
- Understand the challenges when planning and delivering email campaigns
- Appreciate the mobile apps marketplace
- Integrate mobile apps into your marketing communications and measure effectiveness
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, digital copies of course materials and four weeks post course support online.
This 3 day training course is aimed a budding online marketers who are looking to enhance their digital skills. It is perfectly suited to marketing execs, junior digital marketers, marketing graduates or offline marketers looking to springboard their online marketing careers.
Jonathan Saipe is founder of Emarketeers and has been involved in digital marketing since the 90's. He was Internet Development Director at the global ad agency Publicis where he and his team were responsible for the creation of running of many digital marketing campaigns for blue chip clients including Hewlett Packard, Olivetti and IBM. He later went on to co-found FIFO Digital Media, a boutique web design and development agency, which is now in its 11th year. Jonathan will lead the Search Engine Marketing and Email Marketing sessions in London and Manchester.
See more details on Jonathan Saipe »
Andrew Lloyd Gordon is a true veteran in digital marketing, having worked in the industry for over 13 years. He is a highly experienced presenter, mentor, coach and trainer, advising many commercial and not-for-profit organisations on topics including conversion rate optimisation and social media strategies. Andrew will lead the social media sessions on day one in London.
See more details on Andrew Lloyd Gordon »
Remco Van Der Beek is a true web analytics veteran with over a decade of experience in web analytics. He was a senior consultant at Nedstat, Europe's leading web analytics vendor, and currently consults at France Telecom in Brussels. He is a strong advocate of web analytics and brings his vast knowledge to each workshop he runs. Remco will lead the web analytics session on day two in London.
Read more about Remco Van Der Beek »
Jeremy Rosenberg is a mobile apps specialist. He spent 9 years at KPMG leading the marketing, brand management and internal communications team, before founding his own mobile marketing consultancy. Jeremy has a strong passion for creativity and technology and combines this with his vast knowledge of mobile apps strategy. He will lead the mobile apps workshop in London on day two.
Read more about Jeremy Rosenberg »
Steffan Aquarone is a leading online marketing expert and technology entrepreneur. At just 20 years of age Steff was a founding director of a Top 50 digital agency working with clients including Land Rover, Vodafone, Massey Ferguson and American Express. Steff will lead the sessions on day one and two in Manchester.
Read more about Steffan Aquarone »
Great course. Highly knowledgeable experienced instructors, educational, enjoyable and above all will give you the skills required to create digital marketing strategies to succeed in business! Highly recommended!
Caroline Baggs, European Marketing Manager
This course is presented by highly articulate, energetic and well informed instructors who are currently active within the digital industries. I would recommend it to people, who are both new to digital, as well as those who are already active within the industry and would like to be brought up to the nano second!
Andrea Macdonald, MD
Brilliant content, loads of new ideas and incredibly knowledgeable tutors. I'll be recommending the course to colleagues and friends.
Leah Hatchett, Marketing Manager
An inspiring, highly informative and surprisingly in-depth introduction to digital marketing. I highly recommend the Emarketeers accelerator course to anyone looking to integrate digital marketing into their overall marketing strategy (and in this day and age you’d probably be stupid not to!)
Ali Kirk, Brand Manager
The course was just what I needed, it got to the fundamentals of each channel whilst giving me enough insight to have an intelligent conversation.
David Fox, Business Development Director
The course has enhanced my skills in all of the essential aspects of digital marketing and equipped me with the confidence to integrate digital more effectively into my marketing strategies. It is practical and focussed on increasing marketing ROI; the perfect course for marketing managers to update and enhance their skills in the rapidly changing digital world.
Rebecca Hanifin, Marketing Manager
Ernst & Young
The Digital Accelerator course was great. A tremendous amount of material was covered. Well done team!!
Agata Sagan, Product marketing executive
An enjoyable and insightful course that greatly improved my knowledge of digital marketing in a short space of time.
Daniel Mourton, Marketing Communications Executive
Great course, well delivered and full of worthwhile information. My mind is still buzzing!
Debbie McCutcheon, Innovation Advisor
Innovation Centres (Scotland)
A really good course for making the digital world a little more accessible and less overwhelming. Practical, useful and insightful tips and tricks that can be translated directly to the day to day operations of our agency.
Andry Zissimou, Client Services Director
Ex Libris Advertising
If you need an overview on what is happening in the digital world of marketing and communications, I can thoroughly recommend this course. Great for managers to help them see what disciplines they are missing out on, and where they need to concentrate their often limited resources on!
Matt Jones, Digital Marketing Manager
UK Hydrographic Office
Brilliant course, teachers and venue. Thoroughly recommended.
Oxana Latypova, Marketing Co-ordinator
GPS PE Pipe Systems
The Digital Accelator course was such a great investment. The teachers are extremely knowledgable and I've learnt so much - would thoroughly recommend!
Kari Payne, Marketing Executive
Great course, knowledgeable and informative tutors, fantastic venue and fortunate to be learning with a lovely bunch of like-minded people.
Anne Daly, Communications Officer
Darlington Borough Council
Really well put together, the tutors were extremely knowledgeable and personable and the venue was great!
Kate Mortimer, Marketing and Communications Exec
This course opened my eyes to the world of digital marketing and all the different aspects of it and how to fully utilise it.
Rejanne Gwynne, Sales Co-ordinator
A brilliant course which covers all the essential areas of digital marketing. Ideal for someone who already works in marketing and has an understanding of digital but needs to fine tune their skills and get the latest on the specific skills this industry requires. Lots packed in to three valuable days that will set you up perfectly for developing your skills further. Delivered by people who will answer all your questions, and demystify some of the black arts surrounding internet marketing.
Sarah Jane Thompson, New Media Executive
A fantastic course with brilliant tutors in a great location! I have learnt so much in just three days and feel really excited about going back to work and putting it into action - thank you!
Matilda Hardick, Director
A friendly team of experienced professionals who are informative and engaging.
Joe Turley, Client Services Director