CRM Strategy Training Course
Turning customer engagement into valuable relationships
|Course date||Location||Price *|
Course length: 1 day (9.30am - 5.00pm) includes breakfast, lunch and refreshments
* All prices exclude VAT
Every brand seeks engagement. Yet, engagement is not an end in itself, and many attempts at engagement can be short-lived, silo'd, inconsistent and worst of all irrelevant – contributing little or potentially damaging the relationship between a brand and its customers.
This CRM training course provides the framework for relevant customer engagement through the lens of customer relationship management. It provides strategies to approach engagement with a clearer view of how and who to engage, with what, where and when – across the customer journey.
The day provides guidance on setting a vision and purpose for CRM: tools and tips for the development of an insightful joined-up CRM strategy and the basis for building and delivering effective CRM plans. It also incorporates guidance on the use of data and technology, which grease the wheels of CRM.
Setting the scene
- Defining CRM
- CRM, eCRM and Social CRM
- Why CRM matters to business
- Does CRM really matter to the customer?
- The 8 building blocks of CRM
- CRM - good and bad
4 Steps to setting a CRM vision
- The brand purpose
- The customer and what matters to them
- The truth about the relationship
- The purpose and role for CRM
Setting meaningful objectives
- Setting business objectives from the customer’s point of view
- Translating objectives into outcomes and KPIs
- Knowing what success looks like: measurement and reporting
CRM fundamentals: Knowing your customer
- What defines your customer?
- What defines a valuable customer?
- Creating workable customer segmentation
- Tackling Big Data and knowing what matters
- Guidance on data protection and regulation
- The importance of the single customer view and steps to achieving it
- The rise of behavioural economics
CRM fundamentals: Defining the relationship and customer experience
- The truth about engagement and commitment
- Why there are two Rs in Relationship
- Why relationships fail and what makes a successful relationship
- Organisational collaboration and its effect on the customer experience
- Why humanity and technology make good bed-fellows
- Mapping the customer journey: the backbone of the relationship
- Identifying areas of greatest importance and influence
- How small things can make a difference
- Balancing quick wins with the longer term
Creating the CRM plan
- Where to start
- Creating the layers of the CRM plan
- Mapping touchpoints, channels and processes
- How to combine online and offline channels effectively
- Don’t run before you can walk
- Budget optimization
Improvement and evolution
- Meaningful measurement
- The macro and micro of measurement
- The importance of test and learn
- Guiding principles
- Guidance on the selection of technology partners
- Useful tools and resources
You will come away from this course with:
- A clear understanding of why CRM remains important and how it influences brand equity, customer value and profitability
- Guidance on how to develop a CRM vision, strategy and plan
- A greater understanding of the value of data and how to use it
- A framework for creating more relevant, insightful engagement
- Tools and tips for measurement and evaluation
- Guidance on selecting technology partners
- An appreciation of how small things in the world of CRM can often make a big difference to the bottom line
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, digital copies of the course materials and four weeks post course support online.
The CRM course is suitable for:
- Anyone who is interested in taking a more holistic view of customer engagement
- Anyone who thinks that understanding CRM will make them better at what they do
- Clients who need to better understand CRM in the context of their own silo
- Account Manager to Account Director level in agencies who need to understand CRM from a strategic perspective
- Client service and planning in digital, branding, design and advertising agencies
- Creatives who want to better understand the world of CRM
Mike is a marketing comms and CRM professional with over 19 years' agency experience. He is founder of the direct marketing agency Soul, prior to which he was Managing Director of the award winning integrated agency Elvis.
He is also a Fellow of the IDM and sits on the DMA's Agencies Council.
Read more about Mike Cullis »
A very interesting course giving good overall view of customer relationship management and how to manage it.
Bridget Mason, Marketing Manager
This course is fantastic for people who have entry level knowledge of CRM strategy or for people who have established roles in the field to be able to gain a different outlook on their strategy.
Jack Cockburn, Marketing Manager
The CRM strategy course was clear and precise with a very good teaching approach. Would recommend.
Michael Donoghue, Client Relationship Manager
Brooks Macdonald Asset Management
I found the CRM strategy course very informative and useful. All of the information was presented well and I left feeling very enthused and excited to implement new strategies.
Charlotte James, Email Marketing Manager
A great introduction to CRM strategy. It touches on several key elements of CRM and goes into enough depth to enable the participants to feel enlightened.
Sam Bateman, Customer Services Manager