CRM Strategy Training Course
Turning customer engagement into valuable relationships
|Course date||Location||Price *|
Course length: 1 day (9.30am - 5.00pm) includes breakfast, lunch and refreshments
* All prices exclude VAT
Every brand seeks engagement. Yet, engagement is not an end in itself, and many attempts at engagement can be short-lived, silo'd, inconsistent and worst of all irrelevant – contributing little or potentially damaging the relationship between a brand and its customers.
This CRM training course provides the framework for relevant customer engagement through the lens of customer relationship management. It provides strategies to approach engagement with a clearer view of how and who to engage, with what, where and when – across the customer journey.
The day provides guidance on setting a vision and purpose for CRM: tools and tips for the development of an insightful joined-up CRM strategy and the basis for building and delivering effective CRM plans. It also incorporates guidance on the use of data and technology, which grease the wheels of CRM.
Setting the scene
- Defining CRM
- CRM, eCRM and Social CRM
- Why CRM matters to business
- Does CRM really matter to the customer?
- The 8 building blocks of CRM
- CRM - good and bad
4 Steps to setting a CRM vision
- The brand purpose
- The customer and what matters to them
- The truth about the relationship
- The purpose and role for CRM
Setting meaningful objectives
- Setting business objectives from the customer’s point of view
- Translating objectives into outcomes and KPIs
- Knowing what success looks like: measurement and reporting
CRM fundamentals: Knowing your customer
- What defines your customer?
- What defines a valuable customer?
- Creating workable customer segmentation
- Tackling Big Data and knowing what matters
- Guidance on data protection and regulation
- The importance of the single customer view and steps to achieving it
- The rise of behavioural economics
CRM fundamentals: Defining the relationship and customer experience
- The truth about engagement and commitment
- Why there are two Rs in Relationship
- Why relationships fail and what makes a successful relationship
- Organisational collaboration and its effect on the customer experience
- Why humanity and technology make good bed-fellows
- Mapping the customer journey: the backbone of the relationship
- Identifying areas of greatest importance and influence
- How small things can make a difference
- Balancing quick wins with the longer term
Creating the CRM plan
- Where to start
- Creating the layers of the CRM plan
- Mapping touchpoints, channels and processes
- How to combine online and offline channels effectively
- Don’t run before you can walk
- Budget optimization
Improvement and evolution
- Meaningful measurement
- The macro and micro of measurement
- The importance of test and learn
- Guiding principles
- Guidance on the selection of technology partners
- Useful tools and resources
You will come away from this course with:
- A clear understanding of why CRM remains important and how it influences brand equity, customer value and profitability
- Guidance on how to develop a CRM vision, strategy and plan
- A greater understanding of the value of data and how to use it
- A framework for creating more relevant, insightful engagement
- Tools and tips for measurement and evaluation
- Guidance on selecting technology partners
- An appreciation of how small things in the world of CRM can often make a big difference to the bottom line
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, digital copies of the course materials and four weeks post course support online.
The CRM course is suitable for:
- Anyone who is interested in taking a more holistic view of customer engagement
- Anyone who thinks that understanding CRM will make them better at what they do
- Clients who need to better understand CRM in the context of their own silo
- Account Manager to Account Director level in agencies who need to understand CRM from a strategic perspective
- Client service and planning in digital, branding, design and advertising agencies
- Creatives who want to better understand the world of CRM
Mike is a marketing comms and CRM professional with over 19 years' agency experience. He is founder of the direct marketing agency Soul, prior to which he was Managing Director of the award winning integrated agency Elvis.
He is also a Fellow of the IDM and sits on the DMA's Agencies Council.
Read more about Mike Cullis »
The small group allowed the trainer to focus and relate examples back to the business area of each of the group, which was fantastic.
Institute of Directors
The tutor was very knowledgeable and approachable and the other delegates all had slightly different experiences and challenges to bring to the table. The most valuable content came from group discussions.
Triangle Management Services
I recommend anyone to do the CRM strategy course. Anyone who is looking to make their company more efficient and proactive, and looking to see which CRM tools will help them with their strategy, vision, customer engagement, should really do this course. You will be able to utilise all the information from this course to your organisation. Mike is a excellent trainer.
Rocket Software Ltd
A perfect course for any point of a CRM journey. Marketer or not, this course offers valuable knowledge to help your business gain, retain and reactivate customers.
Fisher Jones Greenwood
I really enjoyed this course. It gave me lots to think about and also gave validation to what we are doing well. One thing I learned is that "change is a constant".
Shelton Development Services Ltd
Excellent course to kick start or to formalise CRM thinking for businesses. Mike Cullis is an excellent trainer with lots of patience and lots of useful resources to move you forward wherever you are in your CRM journey.
The CRM Strategy course has allowed me to visualize more clearly what framework to follow in order to engage better with our customers. I really enjoyed the course and the learning environment suited my needs perfectly.
The Football League
The CRM Strategy course was very interesting and engaging. The trainer, Mike Cullis, was highly informative and addressed all of my questions.
Southampton Solent University Conference Centre
The CRM Strategy course provides excellent insight into the framework required for customer engagement through the lens of customer relationship management. It provided some great tools & tips as we walked through the customer Journey. The venue at Wallacespace was top notch. Highly Recommend this course if your setting out on your own CRM Journey.
This course is fantastic for people who have entry level knowledge of CRM strategy or for people who have established roles in the field to be able to gain a different outlook on their strategy.