Blogging with Wordpress Training Course
Get the best out of your Wordpress blog
|Course date||Location||Price *|
|St Pancras, London||
Course length: 1 day (9.30am - 4.30pm) includes breakfast, lunch and refreshments
* All prices exclude VAT
Wordpress is currently the world's most popular blogging platform powering over 60 million websites. Its huge number of free add-ons and plug-ins gives bloggers and website owners opportunity for increasing their content reach and engagement.
Get your blog right and it can open doors to new clients and recruits, grow your brand and improve your search performance.
This hands-on, practical course will take you through everything you need to know to manage and enhance your Wordpress blog. The day is packed full of useful tips and tricks and is guaranteed to educate and stimulate.
- Essential differences between Wordpress.com and .org
- Using free and paid themes
- A tour of the Wordpress dashboard and its functionality
- Differences between posts, pages and media
- Managing users and user access
- Important Wordpress settings you need to know about
Publishing Blog Posts
- Best practices when creating headlines and excerpts
- 10 HTML tips that will help you format your blog posts
- Adding links and best practices when linking
- Making your content more engaging with embedded images, videos, PDFs and presentations
- Tagging and categorising your posts – how to do it and why it's important
Making Your Content Work Harder For You
- Creating content to match how people read online
- Increasing your social media performance with headlines and metadata
- SEO: how to optimise your blog content for Google
- Tools to measure your blog readability
- Sourcing good (royalty-free) images to illustrate your posts
Increasing Your Reach
- Auto-posting to Twitter
- Promoting social media sharing with Wordpress widgets
- 10 blog search engines and content marketing tools
- Integrating Twitter, Flickr and Facebook content using widgets
To Moderate Or Not To Moderate?
- Managing SPAM
- WordPress and 3rd party comment management tools
- Trackbacks and pingbacks explained
- Best practices when responding to comments
Following this training course, you will be able to:
- Use Wordpress to manage your blog and blog content
- Write blog content using best practices
- Increase the reach of your blog and individual posts
- Manage comments using best practices
- Understand Wordpress plugins and widgets
- Integrate social media content into your Wordpress blog
- Confidently use the Wordpress interface
- Format your posts using HTML and embedded media
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, hard and soft copies of course materials and four weeks post course support online.
The blogging course typically attracts marketers, PR professionals, bloggers, editors and publishers. Writing and communications skills as well as some knowledge of blogging are a bonus; you won't need detailed technical skills however.
Delegates are asked to bring a WiFi enabled laptop and Wordpress login details (if applicable) for exercises.
This hands on Blogging with Wordpress course will be led by Jonathan Saipe, who has been involved in digital marketing since the late 90's.
Jonathan worked at Publicis, the global advertising agency as Internet Development Director, launching many digital marketing campaigns for blue chip clients after which he set up his own digital agency before founding Emarketeers.
Jonathan has been blogging for over a decade and brings his wealth of blogging experience to this course.
Read more about Jonathan Saipe »
Very personalized, professional, and interactive course! I would recommend it to anyone involved in their company's blog.
Matt Schmid, Social Media Project Leader
Target Training GmbH
I really feel it was one course that I will practically use. It certainly fulfilled the objectives I set when attending.
Catherine Dogra, Director
Vision to Market
A really useful course and you leave buzzing with lots of new ideas for blogging!
Caroline Cartwright, Strategic Development Manager
I found both the teaching and the facilities offered of the highest standard making the experience both instructive and enjoyable
Michael Elfred, Vicar
Church of England
An insightful course from people who really understand the business. Suitable for beginners and those who know a thing or too already.
Fiona Whitworth, Corporate Content and User Experience Manager
The National Trust
The course was a great introduction to blogging, and covered much more than just tips on writing a blog. It also gave important advice on why, when and how to use blogs, and related issues such as SEO and marketing. I'd recommend the course for both beginners and digital media specialists.
Debbie Smith, Senior Corporate Content & User Experience Manager
The National Trust