Agile Web Project Management Training Course
Bring agility to your digital projects
|Course date||Location||Price *|
|St Pancras, London||£495.00||Book Now|
|Clerkenwell, London||£495.00||Book Now|
Course length: 1 day (9.30am - 5.00pm) includes breakfast, lunch and refreshments
* All prices exclude VAT
As web and digital projects become more complex and multi-faceted, managing them successfully has become increasingly challenging.
Emarketeers' Agile Web Project Management training course empowers web project managers with the ability to apply agile practices that will assist them in successfully rising to common challenges encountered on web projects. This will result in better managed projects, more effective internal processes, reduced risk and ultimately happier end users!
This Agile workshop will teach attendees essential skills and structured approaches to running agile web projects in additional to on-the-ground Agile tools, techniques and processes used by web and digital project managers.
Introducing Agile Principles
- Differences between Agile and other web project management approaches
- The various flavours of Agile: from Scrum to Kanban and more
- Common challenges faced when applying Agile to web projects
- Advantages of an Agile approach to web projects
The Agile Project Lifecycle
- Planning product increments
- Keeping the team in sync - stand-ups and boards
- Facilitating showcases and retrospectives
Agile Project Management Essentials
- Creating the ultimate team and environment
- User-centricity and working with user stories
- Iterative development with sitemaps and wireframes
- Planning and estimating in Agile
- Involving stakeholders and running a stakeholder workshop
- Fostering team collaboration: tools, techniques and tips
- Common pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Different types of testing
- Running an Agile project
- Open discussion and Q&A
Following this training course, you will be able to:
- Identify when an Agile approach to web projects is beneficial
- Understand how to deliver an Agile project successfully - from start to finish
- Learn how to get the right balance of stakeholder involvement
- Improve collaboration across the disciplines within the project team
- Set up a tracking system that helps the team focus on what needs to be done
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, hard and soft copies of course materials and four weeks post course support online.
The Agile Web Project Management course is suitable for project managers new to Agile or as a refresher for those who have been involved in Agile projects without benefiting from formal training in Agile methodologies.
The course typically attracts web and digital project managers from agencies, clients or publishers. Most attendees are likely to have an understanding of the basic practices involved in web project management.
The Agile Web Project Management course will be run by Rob Brown, a highly experienced Agile consultant, trainer and mentor.
Rob has over 15 years experience working in Agile software environments including Scrum, Kanban, Lean and XP methodologies. He as worked across a multitude of industries from aerospace to ecotravel and telecoms to broadcasting.
Read more about Rob Brown »
This was a fantastic primer for applying Agile principles to my situation. I'm actually able to improve efficiency in my workplace right away!
Greg Franklin, Technical Services Manager
The course gave me a great introduction to how I might deploy Agile Web Project Management within our organisation. The presenter was knowledgeable and helpful so we were able to gain a good insight into any practical issues and opportunities.
Andrew Maisey, Head of Professional Services
Interesting insight into Agile Project Management. A great course that gave me a real insight into a less traditional project management style. To fit it all into one day was a big ask, but training felt relaxed and pace was right due to trainers competence. Thoroughly enjoyed the day.
Michael Frost, Web Manager
City of London Police
Perfectly pitched (SCRUM-centric) seminar on Agile techniques.
Sol Baish, Project Manager