Advanced Social Media Training Course
Take your social media performance to the next level
These days, social media marketing is far from a new discipline. Yet many organisations are still struggling to extract value from well-established social networking platforms like Facebook and LinkedIn. This advanced workshop helps marketing professionals move beyond the simplistic race for ‘likes’, fans and one-off engagement, by laying a more concrete, strategically-grounded foundation for their social media programmes.
Emarketeer’s Advanced Social Media course will help you see well-loved social channels in a new light, and will open your eyes to more sophisticated approaches to editorial planning, audience data mining and precision-targeting techniques, now available on many social channels. We’ll consider the role of leading platforms like Facebook and Twitter, as well as newer kids on the block like Instagram, Snapchat and Google Allo.
Your one-day interactive workshop will be hosted by Digital Marketing expert and former Microsoft marketer, Allister Frost, and is packed with up-to-date research and strategies to help you optimise your social media campaigns and the commercial results they bring.
Social Media Platforms and Trends
- Insights into the latest social media trends
- Examination of societal changes fuelled by social media
- What’s new on the leading and emerging social networks
- Bridging the Social Media Marketing Confidence Gap
Laying your Strategic Social Foundations
- Developing a robust social media policy for employees and partners
- Organisational principles for success including internal social networking
- Approaches to social media planning aligned to broader marketing activity
Creating Content That Clicks
- Insights from behavioural economics into what makes customers click
- The crucial role of psychology in increasing motivation online
- Neuromarketing principles and their application on the social web
- Techniques and examples to boost engagement levels with your content
Social Media in the "Pay to Play" Era
- How feed ranking algorithms handle your content and what you can do about it
- Key steps in planning a social networking advertising plan
- Developing ‘targeting first’ content ideas using ‘and-or exclusions’
Measurement and Tracking
- Tips and tricks for measuring your impact online
- Free and low cost tools to deepen your social media marketing expertise
- Social CRM, dark social, and measurement principles
After attending this course you will have a deeper understanding of:
- The latest social media platforms trends, innovations and features
- How social media advertising and promoted posts support your organic reach
- How to design and implement a social media advertising campaign
- Latest new features of leading social networks and what’s coming next
- Powerful tools and techniques you can use today to be more efficient and productive
- The crucial role that social media marketing plays today and into the future
- Organisational principles for social media marketing success inside and outside
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, a digital copy of course material and four weeks post course support online.
The Advanced Social Media training course is designed for existing users of social media channels who are looking to inject greater sophistication into their online communication programmes.
Attendees should have prior experience of posting to social media channels, either in a personal or professional capacity, and an understanding of the common terminologies used in this field. Typical attendees are marketers, community managers, PR professionals, account planners and publishers.
The Advanced Social Media course is delivered by Allister Frost. Allister is a Chartered Marketer with over twenty years’ of experience B2C and B2B marketing who was voted BOC Digital Marketing Personality of the Year 2013.
He is Microsoft's former Head of Digital Marketing Strategy and a specialist in emerging online marketing techniques and behavioural economics.
Allister lectures at Middlesex University and is a respected industry thought leader speaking regularly at business conferences around the world.
Read more about Allister Frost »
A very well organised and delivered course. The venue was ideal!
Cambridge International Examinations
A really good course, and well worth anyone going on this!
The UK Cards Association
Excellent course with a great trainer. I have come away with a practical to-do list which I can start implementing immediately. I would highly recommend.
A useful course packed with tangible advice you could really put into practice. I felt reassured by the end that achieving my social media goals was well within reach.
A very up-to-dated course that explains with easy steps what is usually not so simple.
International Tennis Federation
Highly recommended for marketers that want to look at strategy and content for social media within their organisation.
Hand Picked Hotels
Brilliant course - Allister is a fantastic trainer and I left with loads of tips and ideas to share with the rest of my team!
Really enjoyed this course. Went home with far more knowledge and loads of ideas for the business!
Great course, really provides insight and value into the bigger picture of social media that you don't normally get with courses in this area.
London City Airport
Very useful course to attend with one of the most influentials members of the digital marketing industry. Very easy to understand, all at a good pace!