Advanced Social Media Training Course
Take your social media performance to the next level
|Course date||Location||Price *|
Course length: 1 day (9.30am - 5.00pm) includes breakfast, lunch and refreshments
* All prices exclude VAT
The early days of social media marketing are behind us. After the initial land grab for ‘likes’, fans and followers, smart organisations are looking for a more concrete, strategically-grounded foundation for their social media programmes.
This advanced social media course is designed to help you explore more sophisticated approaches to content planning, audience targeting and refining your value proposition.
The one day interactive workshop is packed full of up-to-date research and strategies to help you optimise your social media campaigns and ROI.
Social Media Platforms and Trends
- Recent shifts in platform adoption and usage
- Insights into new social media developments
- Recent and expected platform changes you need to know about
Content Strategy and Planning
- Identifying content and storytellers in your organisation
- Audience to content mapping
- Team and partner organisation for success
- Techniques for scheduling and targeting content
- Constructing your editorial timetable
- Free and paid tools for listening to the social web
Creating Content That Clicks
- Insights from behavioural economics into what makes customers click
- Neuromarketing principles and their application on the social web
- Techniques to boost engagement levels with your content
- Exploring the ‘gives and gets’ of social media marketing
- Creating an online value proposition that works for you and your targets
- The ethical dilemmas and legislative issues facing social media practitioners
Internal Social Media and Organisational Readiness
- The value of enabling social networking behaviours for internal communications
- Enterprise social networking principles, platforms and tools
- Implementation guidance to encourage adoption of internal social media channels
After attending this course you will have a deeper understanding of:
- How to create a value exchange that benefits both your company and your target audience
- How to tailor social media content to maximise engagement levels
- How to integrate content & social media strategy
- Techniques from behavioural economics that can boost engagement
- Why acting ethically and authentically is critical for long term success
- How internal social networking tools can boost productivity
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, hard and soft copies of course materials and four weeks post course support online.
The Advanced Social Media training course is designed for existing users of social media channels who are looking to inject greater sophistication into their online communication programmes.
Attendees should have prior experience of posting to social media channels, either in a personal or professional capacity, and an understanding of the common terminologies used in this field. Typical attendees are marketers, community managers, PR professionals, account planners and publishers.
Delegates should come with a WiFi enabled laptop for the hands-on elements of the course.
The Advanced Social Media course is delivered by Allister Frost. Allister is a Chartered Marketer with over twenty years’ of experience B2C and B2B marketing. He is Microsoft's former Head of Digital Marketing Strategy and a specialist in emerging online marketing techniques and behavioural economics.
He lectures at Middlesex University and is a respected industry thought leader speaking regularly at business conferences around the world.
Read more about Allister Frost »
A worthwhile course, even for people with roles that do not involve the day to day mangement of social media but may be working on the strategy behind it- like me!
Clare Phelps, Research & Insight Analyst
I was really impressed with this course, feel I gained a lot of knowledge to share with my colleagues!
Rachel Bie, Account Executive
The Source Partnership
A useful course from which I took a number of tips on how to improve the use of social media within my company.
Holly Sheridan, Head of Commercial Development
The Pensions Management Institute