Advanced Social Media Training Course
Take your social media performance to the next level
|Course date||Location||Price *|
Course length: 1 day (9.30am - 5.00pm) includes breakfast, lunch and refreshments
* All prices exclude VAT
The early days of social media marketing are behind us. After the initial land grab for ‘likes’, fans and followers, smart organisations are looking for a more concrete, strategically-grounded foundation for their social media programmes.
This advanced social media course is designed to help you explore more sophisticated approaches to content planning, audience targeting and refining your value proposition.
The one day interactive workshop is packed full of up-to-date research and strategies to help you optimise your social media campaigns and ROI.
Social Media Platforms and Trends
- Recent shifts in platform adoption and usage
- Insights into new social media developments
- Recent and expected platform changes you need to know about
Content Strategy and Planning
- Identifying content and storytellers in your organisation
- The 8 step content strategy development process
- Creating your editorial calendar
Monitoring and Engaging
- Transitioning from audience acquisition to engagement
- Seven whole brain marketing instruments
- Free and paid scheduling and automation tools
Creating Content That Clicks
- Insights from behavioural economics into what makes customers click
- Neuromarketing principles and their application on the social web
- Tips and techniques to boost engagement levels with your content
- Creating your brand value proposition for the social web
- Ethical and legislative issues facing social media practitioners
After attending this course you will have a deeper understanding of:
- The latest platforms trends and innovations
- What motivates customers to engage in your social content
- How to tailor social media content to maximise engagement levels
- How to build a content strategy and editorial plan
- Techniques from behavioural economics that can boost engagement
- How to create a value exchange that benefits both your company and your target audience
- Why acting ethically and authentically is critical for long term success
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, a digital copy of course material and four weeks post course support online.
The Advanced Social Media training course is designed for existing users of social media channels who are looking to inject greater sophistication into their online communication programmes.
Attendees should have prior experience of posting to social media channels, either in a personal or professional capacity, and an understanding of the common terminologies used in this field. Typical attendees are marketers, community managers, PR professionals, account planners and publishers.
Delegates are requested bring a Wi-Fi enabled laptop or tablet so they can join in with demonstrations and practice sessions.
The Advanced Social Media course is delivered by Allister Frost. Allister is a Chartered Marketer with over twenty years’ of experience B2C and B2B marketing who was voted BOC Digital Marketing Personality of the Year 2013.
He is Microsoft's former Head of Digital Marketing Strategy and a specialist in emerging online marketing techniques and behavioural economics.
Allister lectures at Middlesex University and is a respected industry thought leader speaking regularly at business conferences around the world.
Read more about Allister Frost »
I would highly recommend this course. I actually came away knowing that I would use the information in the course and put some of the suggested tools and techniques in place....not just taking notes and forgetting about it. Very useful.
Sam Wright, Marketing Officer
Bank Workers Charity
Enjoyable, interesting and thorough course. Recommended for anyone with an interest in social media.
Jonathan Brown, Editor
Braine Hownd Films
The course was informative, interactive and perfectly tailored to suite my needs. By far the best social media course I've been on.
Abbi Gutsell, Account manager
The course was fantastic - I can't recommend it enough. There were so many ideas and suggestions provided throughout the day, we can now completely transform our social media channels and strategy.
Kate Cragon, Copywriter
A worthwhile course, even for people with roles that do not involve the day to day mangement of social media but may be working on the strategy behind it- like me!
Clare Phelps, Research & Insight Analyst
I was really impressed with this course, feel I gained a lot of knowledge to share with my colleagues!
Rachel Bie, Account Executive
The Source Partnership
A useful course from which I took a number of tips on how to improve the use of social media within my company.
Holly Sheridan, Head of Commercial Development
The Pensions Management Institute