Advanced Link Building Training Course
Learn how to create a cutting-edge SEO link building strategy
|Please note: This course is currently only available in-house|
In a post Google Penguin era, many "fall-back" link building techniques previously adopted by SEO professionals are being avoided in favour of newer techniques such as content and influencer marketing.
This advanced link building workshop will take you through advanced link building techniques that will work in the most competitive of sectors and give you a wider repertoire of successful ways to build the kind of links Google and other search engines will favour.
During the day, we look at examples of brands taking advantage of successful link building and learn how we can replicate their success. Delegates will also have a chance to ask questions about their own link building campaigns.
This course is the perfect compliment to our current SEO training course.
Planning and Strategy
- Establishing link building goals and KPI's
- Assessing ROI from link building activity
- Managing link building agencies or teams
- Understanding the risks and challenges
Link Building Post Google Penguin Update
- Effective link building methods
- Unnatural links that can do more harm than good
- Removing potentially damaging links
- How to deal with link penalties
- Manual versus algorithmic link penalties
- Getting anchor text distribution right
- Editorial link building - working with journalists and bloggers
- Advanced use of link building tools and software
- Optimising internal links and site architecture
Social Signals As Ranking Factors
- How social signals differ from traditional ranking factors
- Running experiments with social ranking factors
- Differences between social channels and what data influences SEO
Social Media And Link Building
- Link building outreach through social
- Promoting linkbait through social
- Using social to influence content strategy
The Future Of SEO And Link Building
- SEO trends to watch in the next 12 months
Following this training course, you will understand how to:
- Adapt your link building activity to extract maximum SEO benefit
- More effectively manage SEO and link building teams or suppliers
- Implement best-practices to future-proof your social SEO strategy
- Avoid artificial link building activity or strategies
- Measure and monitor the effectiveness of your link building campaigns
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, digital copies of course material and four weeks post course support online.
This course attracts delegates from a variety of backgrounds including marketing, IT, design and content delivery. Typical attendees will have an intermediate level of SEO knowledge or experience although this is not essential.
Delegates are asked to bring along a WiFi enabled laptop for exercises.
The Advanced Link Building training course will be led by Kelvin Newman. Kelvin has worked in the SEO industry for over 6 years and is currently Strategy Director at SiteVisibility where he has worked on SEO campaigns for Hotels.com, FindaProperty, Gala Bingo and uSwitch.
Kelvin has delivered presentations across the UK & Europe at events including A4U, SMX London and SASCON, regularly contributes to State of Search and runs the highly in demand BrightonSEO conference.
Read more about Kelvin Newman »