Advanced Google Analytics Training Course
Take your Google Analytics insight and actions up a level
You have been using Google Analytics to fulfil standard reporting needs for a while, and now you are ready to become the Google Analytics champion in your organisation.
This Advanced Google Analytics course aims to take your knowledge to the next level. It will enable you to: spot tracking code issues or tweak the tracking code for advanced usage, automate your Google Analytics reporting in Excel, mine your Google Analytics data to generate crucial insights and more.
This day-long course is packed full of tips, tricks and helpful exercises. There will also be lots of opportunity to discuss how Google Analytics relates to your specific organisational needs.
This course compliments our standard Google Analytics training course.
Universal Analytics Configuration Options
- Enabling Demographics & Interests reports
- Defining remarketing audiences to power Adwords remarketing campaigns
- Uniquely tracking users across devices with user-id tracking
- The ins and out of session and campaign timeout handling
- Customising organic search sources
- Applying referral exclusions
Advanced Measurement Code Implementation via HTML or Google Tag Manager
- The difference between measurement code implementation via HTML or Google Tag Manager
- Setting up tag and triggers in Google Tag Manager
- Implementing a data layer and adding data
- Auditing your analytics tags using developer tools or Tag Assistant
- Implementing subdomain and cross-domain tracking
- Site speed tracking
- Tracking downloads, link clicks and form submissions using event tracking
- Tracking embedded YouTube and Vimeo video interactions
- Measuring content sharing using social interaction tracking (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google +1, AddThis, ShareThis)
- Measuring standard e-commerce activity with standard or enhanced ecommerce tracking
- Implementing custom dimensions & custom metrics
Using Advanced Filters
- Combatting spam traffic with advanced filters
- Advanced filtering and segmentation using regular expressions (Regex code)
Testing & Optimisation
- A structured approach to testing
- A/B versus multivariate testing
- Implementing scroll tracking and heatmaps
- Optimising forms with form tracking
- Tracking site-to-call conversion and chat
- Tracking voice of customer incl. task completion, customer satisfaction (CSAT) and Net Promoter Score (NPS)
- What is attribution modelling?
- Multi-channel funnel reporting explained
- A review of the different attribution models
- Making a case for incremental marketing attribution
Advanced Reporting Techniques
- Saving time through report automation in Excel
Google Analytics Clinic
- Bring your specific Google Analytics queries to the table and benefit from a speed consultancy session
Following this training course, you will be able to:
- Mine your analytics data beyond the standard reports
- Implement custom variables and advanced segments to improve data quality
- Use API tools to automate your reporting
- Obtain greater insight through qualitative visitor surveys
- Understand the impact of multiple touchpoints through attribution modelling
- Implement Google Analytics regular expressions
- Bring agility to your tagging with the Google Tag manager
- Plan for future developments with Universal Analytics
All attendees receive an attendance certification, digital copies of course material and four weeks post course support online.
You have already been using Google Analytics for a while. Maybe you already attended the standard Google Analytics course. Or you know your way around most of the standard reports and you’re ready to move on to the next level: an advanced Google Analytics user.
This course is designed for marketing and communications professionals and website staff who are responsible for ensuring data accuracy and translating Google Analytics data into advanced reports and insights.
Delegates are asked to bring a WiFi enabled laptop in order to carry out exercises.
The Advanced Google Analytics training course is led by industry veteran Remco Van Der Beek.
Remco has over 15 years experience in digital marketing and web analytics. He has been a trainer with Emarketeers since 2012, and during that time has trained over 1,000 digital marketers in Google Analytics.
He was a senior consultant at Nedstat/comScore (now Adobe), and his track record features clients such as Orange, Bridgestone Europe, Cargill, Cathay Pacific, Westminster Abbey, LBi, Media Bounty and many others.
Read more about Remco Van Der Beek »
The course covered a really good variety of information, and provided practical insights into how we can use Google Analytics more effectively - can't wait to try out the recommendations!
The course was all delivered very well, I learnt a lot in a very short time.
London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
Excellent course for giving you a greater insight into the world of web analytics.
New Technology CADCAM
I really enjoyed the course. It covered lots of areas usually overlooked inside Google Analytics and gave me dozens of actions to implement as soon as possible.
Remco was great. He addressed all our individual learning objectives at the start of the class and answered our questions thoroughly as we went along. He was flexible but thorough in covering the topics (and a few extras). The food provided was also amazing!
Remco was a fantastic trainer, he was very knowledgeable and brought the topic to life with some useful exercises and real life examples.
Great trainer, great course. Lots of tips were shared and we've found the course generally very useful. Tailoring the course contents has worked really well for us.
I have attended two Emarketeers courses at two different locations and would recommend their organization to any marketer looking to obtain further professional skills.
Target Training GmbH