Advanced Google Analytics Training Course
Take your Google Analytics insight and actions up a level
You have been using Google Analytics to fulfil standard reporting needs for a while, and now you are ready to become the Google Analytics champion in your organisation.
This Advanced Google Analytics course aims to take your knowledge to the next level. It will enable you to: spot tracking code issues or tweak the tracking code for advanced usage, automate your Google Analytics reporting in Excel, mine your Google Analytics data to generate crucial insights and more.
This day-long course is packed full of tips, tricks and helpful exercises. There will also be lots of opportunity to discuss how Google Analytics relates to your specific organisational needs.
This course compliments our standard Google Analytics training course.
Switching To Universal Analytics
- The differences between Universal Analytics and Google Analytics
- Seamlessly switching to Universal Analytics
Advanced Code Configuration & Measurement
- Subdomain tracking and cross-domain tracking
- Tracking downloads, link clicks and video using event tracking
- Measuring content sharing using social interaction tracking
- Measuring e-commerce activity and capturing purchase information
- Setting up enhanced ecommerce tracking
- Advanced site speed tracking
- Tracking visitor age, gender, interests, industry and more, using Advertising Features
- Setting up In-page analytics to enable data overlays
- Tracking authenticated users (logins) across devices
- Implementing custom dimensions and custom metrics
- Filtering bots, spiders and spam traffic
Advanced Reporting Techniques
- Using killer segmentation to go from data to insights
- Building custom reports
- Using Google Analytics regular expressions (regex code) in filters, segments and searches
- Saving time through report automation in Excel
- What is attribution modelling ?
- Understanding multi-channel funnel reporting
- Different attribution models; examples and use cases
Integrating Voice of Customer (VoC)
- What is VoC ?
- Setting up VoC tracking
- Integrating VoC measurement with Google Analytics
- Generating reports and insights
Google Tag Manager
- What is Tag Management and when/why is it used
- Setting up Google Analytics tracking via Google Tag Manager
- Tracking events via Google Tag Manager
- Spotting implementation issues using Google Tag Assistant
- Google Analytics certification
- Useful online Google Analytics / Tag Manager resources
- Google Analytics reading and literature
Google Analytics Clinic
Bring your specific Google Analytics queries to the table and benefit from a speed consultancy session
Following this training course, you will be able to:
- Mine your analytics data beyond the standard reports
- Implement custom variables and advanced segments to improve data quality
- Use API tools to automate your reporting
- Obtain greater insight through qualitative visitor surveys
- Understand the impact of multiple touchpoints through attribution modelling
- Implement Google Analytics regular expressions
- Bring agility to your tagging with the Google Tag manager
- Plan for future developments with Universal Analytics
All attendees receive an attendance certification, digital copies of course material and four weeks post course support online.
You have already been using Google Analytics for a while. Maybe you already attended the standard Google Analytics course. Or you know your way around most of the standard reports and you’re ready to move on to the next level: an advanced Google Analytics user.
This course is designed for marketing and communications professionals and website staff who are responsible for ensuring data accuracy and translating Google Analytics data into advanced reports and insights.
Delegates are asked to bring a WiFi enabled laptop in order to carry out exercises.
The Advanced Google Analytics training course is led by industry veteran Remco Van Der Beek.
Remco has over 15 years experience in digital marketing and web analytics. He was a senior consultant at Nedstat (now comScore), Europe's leading web analytics vendor, and worked with many large organisations as an external or internal consultant, such as France Telecom. Since 2007 Remco has run his own independent web analytics consultancy from Brussels.
Read more about Remco Van Der Beek »
The course was all delivered very well, I learnt a lot in a very short time.
London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
Excellent course for giving you a greater insight into the world of web analytics.
New Technology CADCAM
I really enjoyed the course. It covered lots of areas usually overlooked inside Google Analytics and gave me dozens of actions to implement as soon as possible.
Remco was great. He addressed all our individual learning objectives at the start of the class and answered our questions thoroughly as we went along. He was flexible but thorough in covering the topics (and a few extras). The food provided was also amazing!
Remco was a fantastic trainer, he was very knowledgeable and brought the topic to life with some useful exercises and real life examples.
Great trainer, great course. Lots of tips were shared and we've found the course generally very useful. Tailoring the course contents has worked really well for us.
I have attended two Emarketeers courses at two different locations and would recommend their organization to any marketer looking to obtain further professional skills.
Target Training GmbH