Advanced Facebook Advertising Training Course
Take your Facebook campaign skills and management to the next level
Facebook has fast become the dominant channel for social media advertising. However, despite the many ad formats and targeting options available, success using Facebook advertising is not always easy to achieve.
This advanced Facebook advertising course goes beyond the basics, teaching attendees unique ways to target audiences, optimise budgets and measure and benchmark success. It'll also give you insight into the various Facebook ad platforms, how to run experiments and use a data-driven approach to maximise performance.
You'll walk away inspired, and with a new set of strategies and tactics to use immediately.
Setting The Scene
- A review of the latest Facebook developments
- Which Facebook ad platform am I using?
- Why use the Power Editor vs Business Manager vs the self-serve Ad Manager
- Managing expectations: benchmarking your expected performance
Setting Up Campaign Tracking & Attribution Modelling
- Advanced ad tracking using the Google URL Builder
- Ensuring your Facebook pixel tracking is set up and working
- Understanding social performance using Google Analytics
- Algorithmic formulas to measure what success looks like
- Monitoring and benchmarking individual ad performance
- Management and reporting tools
Maximising Targeting and Audience Options
- Awareness, consideration and conversion - understanding the consumer pathway
- Building customer profiles using advanced targeting options
- Improving audience engagement with video versus graphic ads
- Running AB split testing campaigns
- Creating and leveraging the value of cost effective content
Understanding and Setting Up Custom Audiences
- Maximising return from your customer data
- Handling your “customer file”: uploading segmented customer data to Facebook
- Advanced remarketing strategies with Facebook
- Understanding how lookalike audiences work: options and challenges
Advertising Costs and Options
- CPC, CPM and CPA - methodologies to maximise the value of your budgets
- Understanding why to use frequency caps
- Maximising “Boosted Posts” using pre-created lists
Apps, Competitions & Building Your Customer Database
- Contact forms - pros and cons
- The role of Facebook apps to increase your email database
- Facebook Canvas explained
Following this training course, you will be able to:
- Use a data-driven appoach to test, measure and improve ad and campaign performance
- Utilise the right Facebook ad platform to run your activity
- Use a variety of tactics to maximise audience targeting
- Understand which ad types and content best fulfil your campaign goals
- Optimise your budgets and ROI using proven techniques
- Build your customer database or fanbase using real-world tactics
All attendees receive an attendance certificate, digital copies of course material and four weeks post course support online.
If you already have some experience running Facebook Ad campaigns, and want to take your knowledge, skills and performance to the next level, then this advanced Facebook advertising course is for you.
If you only have rudmentary knowledge, we recommend starting with our standard Facebook Advertising course.
Delegates are asked to bring a laptop with their Facebook advertising login details.
Patrick Macnamara is a specialist in social media advertising and digital strategy.
He started his advertising career as a planner at JWT, Manchester and then went on to become Head of Strategy at The Gate Films, Manchester. He is now MD of a London based digital planning agency, specialising in brand building, attribution modelling and social media.
Read more about Patrick Macnamara »