E-Insight Digital Marketing Blog
26 May 2010, Jonathan Saipe
Google Analytics is a product that digital marketers and web analysts know and use ubiquitously. Of course, what most Internet users do not realise, is that their every step is normally being recorded by either Google Analytics or another web analytics tool. Today, Google announced some measures to ensure that online visitor privacy is maintained.
11 May 2010, Jonathan Saipe
Attached are Nielsen’s Online Market Highlights for March 2010.
Most notable online trends reported in this month’s market highlights are as follows:
- The top 5 websites (Google, Bing, Facebook, Yahoo! and BBC) remain unchanged; their reach is 95.55% of the UK online market!
- Google Search is still the stickiest search brand with an average reach of 81.5% followed by Google Image Search (28%); Yahoo! Search and Bing share approx 18% of reach
- Ebay remains number 1 for ecommerce reach; it reaches 45.9% (18.5m) of the active UK audience
- The highest % increase in reach comes from the Co-Operative (+58%) in the top ecommerce sites of the month
- The Co-Operative and Nectar replace Gumtree and John Lewis in the top ecommerce sites this month
View the full Online Market Highlights – March 2010
20 April 2010, Jonathan Saipe
Google has recently made improvements to how its Webmaster Tools report on impressions and click through rates (CTR) in search engine results pages. This data is crucial in measuring the effectiveness of your website metadata as well as the number of impressions you receive according to each keyword or keyphrase.
29 March 2010, Jonathan Saipe
Attached are Nielsen’s Online Market Highlights for February 2010.
Most notable online trends reported are as follows:
- The top 15 sites remain virtually unchanged
- 35-49 audience shows the largest increase month on month
- The top 5 sites reach 95% of the total online universe with Bing/MSN/Windows Live in second place after Facebook
- Member communities represent the most time spent online by consumers
- Google Search is the ‘stickiest’ online brand
- World of Warcraft is the number one application, in terms of average time spent on applications online
- Ebay remains number one in the e-commerce category
View the full Online Market Highlights – February 2010
27 March 2010, Jonathan Saipe
News International announced that The Times Online and Sunday Times Online will be moving to a paywall model for all of its online content as of June 2010.
21 March 2010, Jonathan Saipe
Having overseen the production of thousands of websites and their search campaigns since the mid-90’s, I’ve put together a guide covering 18 common SEO mistakes or omissions made by website owners or web designers.
11 March 2010, Jonathan Saipe
I was “privileged” to watch Bing’s UK ad last night on TV.
The proposition of reducing information overload is clear enough. So 8 out of 10 for clarity there.
It’s the creative execution that I’m just not sure about. The aim of the ad is no doubt to irritate viewers with its schizophrenic and fast paced exchange of dialogue and scenes, mirroring the experience searchers experience when using Google. Whilst the editing works for me, does it persuade me to us Bing? Most likely not.
Judge for yourself…
5 March 2010, Jonathan Saipe
All credit to the guys at SEOMoz for creating the SEO web developer’s cheat sheet; a 2-page PDF document that reminds developers of the all-important detail for search engine optimisation campaigns. Check it out…